Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hi Everyone

Well, this is my first time blogging here at TSG. And I'm not sure how many of you know me, so I'll start with a little bit about myself.

I'm Dorann, better known as dorannmwin, or Mommy, or Woman. LOL. I'm mommy to two wonderful children, Kathryn who is five and Paul who is 21 months, wife to a wonderful husband of nearly four years. Our anniversary is coming up next week. And furmommy to two furbabies, Michaela and Jasmine.
Right now our family is in the long process of moving into our first house. We started the process of buying our house in October of last year and finally closed on it in February of this year. Since we've bought the house, we've done a lot of work to it. We gutted the bathroom, stripped out all of the flooring on the first floor and had a new heating and air-conditioning unit installed. We hope to start moving our stuff over there this week. However, we can't stay there yet because of two things. First off, we don't have the bathroom done, so there is no toilet. And, more importantly, we don't have an internet connection over there yet. I refuse to live at a house without internet.

So, how have your summer's been going? Ours, busy busy. We've spent a lot of time at playgroup activities and working on our house. And, in our spare time, we love to play in our pool.

I hope everyone will enjoy visiting with me this week and getting to know me a bit better as the week goes on. Any questions are appreciated and I will try to answer them all. I'll try to share some pictures of the house and of my kids this week. And, I might even have a surprise for everyone at some point during the week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorann,
This was a very nice introduction. Good job. Good luck on the house and getting moved and also, for next week **HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!** *LOL* My husband and I will be having our 19th anniversary in August. We HOPE (that's a BIG HOPE) to go to Vegas for our 20th next year!! HOPE HOPE HOPE *LOL*
It's nice meeting you (kind of) *LOL* and Thank you for all the nice comments you have left on some of my layouts in the gallery. I love getting them.
Hope to check in on you again this week. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
*HUGS*
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hey Dorann....
So nice to meet you...i enjoyed reading about your Family and your move...I sure wouldn't move into a place without internet either...LOL...Happy Early Anniversary...My hubby and I will celebrate our 35th in Dec. Not much newsy stuff here...Just getting over the flooding and helping my daughter....unfortunately FEMA isn't to eager to help them with their flood damage...DARN !! Listen Kido...Have a Great weekend and catch ya' later....Hugs enclosed Grammadiane

Robbi and Mike said...

Nice to meet ya too Dorann! Congratulations on your new home and hope you get it to the point you can finally move in with internet and a toilet, lol - they do help. Looking forward to seeing some before and after of it too and your family too. Hugs, Robbi

Anonymous said...

Nice to get to know you better. Congrats on the new house. Sounds like you will be busy for awhile.
Will be seeing you around.

Sue ^i^

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorann,
Very nice introduction. It is nice to meet you and looking forward to see the pictures of your family.
Good Luck
Donna
AKA Keiki