Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sorry ...

I was not able to do as good of a job as I would have liked, blogging this week. A few things came up that took up my time.

My son, Michael, began a new job as a private investigator. He has done this kind of work before, ,has a degree in criminal justice and a law enforcement background.

He was sent to Dallas for two weeks training and his experience with the airlines was less than acceptable. His plane from Albany, initially, was delayed due to mechanical problems with the plane. That caused him to miss his connecting flight in Atlanta. He finally made it to Dallas and connected with the guys who were meeting him. His return trip was a real nightmare. Again, there were mechanical problems with the plane in Dallas! BTW, these were on US Air, so BEWARE if you are flying that airline. He was supposed to have a DIRECT flight (one stop) to Albany, leaving at 3pm Dallas time and arriving 10pm Albany. All sounds great, right? WRONG! With all the glitches, he ended up on a CONTINENTAL flight to Cincinatti, around 11pm, after sitting in the airport for 8 hours. US Air did give him a voucher for a hotel room. Another flight brought him home to Albany at 10am the following day. Needless to say, I had to leave work and pick him up. The SURPRISE though, he ACTUALLY got his luggage, in Albany, when he arrived.

During Michael's time in Dallas, I had the ""privilege of babysitting my lovely granddaughter, after work, a few times. Well, APPARENTLY she was really missin' her daddy. This normally, delightful little girl (for ME anyway), was like the monster from hell. I was ready to pull my hair out!

I am working on being TOTALLY back in the swing of things here at TSG by the middle to end of July. Be watching for new designs in my store and a HUGE SALE!!!!!

I am off work the week of the 21st, my birthday is the 24th, and I am ready to ROCK AND ROLL.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...your son sure had his fair share of Glitches....I don't fly so I don't have to worry about that Airline but I will inform my kids and relatives....and Sweetie...I know what you mean when those sweet little grandkids turn into monsters....been there done that....Its the times dear....Everything is sooo fast paced they have a hard time grasping onto something solid....If you know what I mean.....Hope your week goes a bit better...sending hugs...hope they help !!