Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7, 2008


It just now hit me like a ton of bricks when I typed the date for this post. Today is the 1 year anniversary of my Mother's death. Instead of letting sadness overcome me, I choose to remember the love we shared and happy memories. I know it won't be all that easy through the day but I'll try my best.
And to start off with, she loved the snow as I do. We have a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground, so I'm sharing the snowflakes with you today. Enjoy!!
You can download "Winterz Day" HERE. Paper included! (Sorry, this link is no longer available.)

I was VERY early today so I'll see you on Monday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this mini kit, Cheryl. It's very pretty. Deaoing with the loss of a parent is so difficult. I lost my mother 8 years ago, and I still miss her every single day. I hang on to the memories of the sweet times we ahred and the love we had for one another as well as the knowledge that we will one day reunite. May your day be blessed and full of peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful snowflakes!
I love the snow too - I just don't like driving in it!

Phyldar said...

These flakes are awesome - thank you! Celebrate your mom's life today, and know that she's in a better place smiling down on you and all you do *Ü*

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just thinking about my mom (almost 8yrs gone and still miss her). Christmas changed for me. It's about people not things something that should be but unfortunately don't do especially with santa and all the advert. Thank you for the lovely winterzday dl. I think I'll use it to scrap a pic of my mom.

April said...

Thank you for this mini kit. It is truly beautiful. Hopefully the memories of your mom are as beautiful and unique as each snowflake this winter!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Cheryl. It will soon be 2 years since I lost my mother.. ((( MEGA HUGS ))) to you..
Thanks for the mini kit..
Carolyn

Robbi and Mike said...

I know this is late Cheryl, but I too lost my Mom (and Her Mom on the 7th also) both on Dec 7th. My Mom it was 39 years and Gran when I was 10 or 11 - long ago. - My prayers be with you and may happiness fill your heart as we continue our heritage through our lives and childrens lives. Big Bear Hugs!