Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Day...

Once again, I am just thrilled to read the comments you all leave for me! It totally makes my day! I really appreciate all your support! But I have to say that I really think we all are busy...so I wasn't trying to say that I'm the busiest. LOL We all have our many things that go on in our lives and we all have to stay with it. Right? I bet if you all wrote down your schedules you will realize how much you accomplish as well ! But anyways, thank you and keep those comments and questions coming! :)

I got some questions from Nancy (pockets55)! Thanks Nancy!


Of all your kits is there one that is a particular favorite?

That is such a hard question to answer. I have to say that I am proud of all my kits and my new favorite seems to always be my most recent one. So right now, I'm pretty proud of my ASPIRATIONS Kits. I loved the colors and all the sparklies and I got to do lots of fun bearz! :)







Do you ever scrap with your own kits or do you prefer to use other designers' kits for your own scrapping?

Unfortunately, since I began designing I have rarely even scrapped a page. But I have so many photos that would go so well with my kits, I just have to figure out some time so I can scrap! I have got the chance to make several quickpages from my kits and I love that! So hopefully someday I will find the time to get to work on my thousands of photos and memories!


And, speaking of organization...how do you organize your digiscrapping files on your computer?

I am on a Mac, so unfortunately ACDSee is not available for Macs yet..I hope someday. In the meantime I have my own little system. The Mac's desktop is very easy to navigate and so I just kind of make my own folders and have a system to backup to my external hard drive and I also back up to my Amazon S3 Service, which I totally LOVE! It makes it so nice...because I backup all my kits on the server and only pay for what I use (unlimited space). Using BucketExplorer I can even link to my kits for my CT and stuff...so it's pretty awesome! And if you know my kits you know they are very large and stuff...and I have 8 CT members that I'm constantly getting stuff for and right now I pay approximately $10 a month! That is an amazing price...and they backup too, so once I get it over to their server...I know that I will never lose it! Isn't that awesome!

Well Ladies the kids are in bed and it is now my design time for a couple of hours! Yay! I'm working on a Valentine Kit (with lots of bearz) and I'm anxious to get some work done on it. Don't forget to leave me more questions/comments for tomorrow! So, I will leave you for tonight with another quickpage from catlady! Once again, thanks to my CT for their awesome work!

SORRY THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED


9 comments:

Barb said...

I adore all your bearz. As a teddy bear collector, it is hard to find a bear that I like to use on layouts and yours are my favorite--they are sooooo cute and well done.
thanks and keep up the good work

Sharon Kay said...

Thank you DeDe (and CT) for the quick page!

I am amazed at how well you have organized your time and that is probably something I need to do because I just don't seem to get everything done in a day that I would like to do. I am a "spur of the moment" kind of gal and that can wreck havoc into any schedule I set for myself. lol

I hope you get some time to scrap as it should energize you! They grow up way too fast!! Keep a calendar near you to write everything down on so you can use it to journal with when you do get around to scrapping.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

DeDe, thanks for answering my questions! I love Aspirations too!! Gorgeous colors! But then, I LOVE all of your kits! Thanks to you and catlady for another beautiful quick page! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin'.....How's it goin'? If you look in the gallery you will see I used one of those Darling QP's made with the Aspiration Kit....by CatLady...I just loved it....Gosh that kit looks soooo neat....You just do such Beautiful work its no wonder you don't have the time to scrap....Well Dear, gotta run....Have a GR8 Day...Hugs enclosed....

Robbi and Mike said...

Thank you DeDe and Catlady - really cute qp's...

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

I LOVE ALL your Bearz Just wish my money wasnt so tight so I could get them!!!!! LOL
Though months ago when I had a little extra money I did get your DigiBearZ: Emergency CrewZ since I'm a retired Firefighter, my oldest son & his finacee who is a flight nurse also along with them both being EMT's!!!
TY so very much for todays FAB QP!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Thanks for another freebie!
I'm proud to say that I'm on a Mac as well, and as I am working hard on trying to organize a huge backlog of digital kits and freebies I'm discovering another reason to love it. I'm in the process of putting all of my digi stuff into an iPhoto library (not the one with my photos; there's a free program that lets you set up multiple libraries), so with the new feature of events I can put a whole kit into an "event", make the preview be the "top" photo (the one you see when viewing all events), and make sure the pieces and kits are labeled by designer and by what they are so I can do a search for it.

Sosa's Wife said...

Thank you DeDe and Catlady for the QP! I think it's neat that one of your favorite kits is the Aspirations one! I love that one too because of all the deep jewel tones! I just don't see how you have so much time to do EVERYTHING! LOL... Again, thanks bunches for everything, and I absolutely love those bearz! They match my Boyds Collection perfectly! :)

Unknown said...

thanks Dede and Catlady.
These maybe a repeat but I just found you not long ago. I was wondering what made you decide to design and how did you come up with the name for your ktis?