Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to Monday

It is so good to hear that I am not the only one out there that had their Christmas tree still up after the beginning of the New Year. I have never had the chance to have a real tree since my mom was allergic to them and now my hubby is. I had always hoped that when I was married and had kids of my own we would be able to go pick-out and cut down our tree each year, but that just wasn’t ment to be :)

It was a gorgeous day yesterday in southwest Missouri with the temperature in the high-60’s. Hard for me to believe that just about a year ago we were having a record breaking ice storm that left almost 90% of our city without power! Since I have a sick kiddo (nothing major just a yucky old cold), my hubby and I took turns going to church – John in the morning so he could run the video equipment and me in the evening to work with the evening youth program. I’m not really too sure where my day when – lol! John put our new TV stand together, and I did some paperwork that I needed for church last night.

Have you all heard about “Project 365”? Well, I have decided to give it a go this year (I'm using Photoblog to keep it all organized, but know others that are using Flickr). What a perfect way to have plenty of pictures to scrapbook to remember our year! I can’t wait to create a layout at the end of the year feature my pictures. I’m hoping it will help me to make sure to capture those every day moments. I have a habit, now that the boys are getting older, of just photographing the bigger events in our life. It’s not too late for you to join in! Better to just miss a few days than the whole year. If you do start to join this, I would love if you share the link to your daily photos!

Other than the “Project 365”, the other things I would like to achieve this year (I just don’t get into calling them resolutions…I always seem to fail horribly at those) is to organize my house, take the time to complete a couple scrapbook pages a month, and loose the last 20-25 pounds I need to before my 15 year class reunion at the end of June. I started Weight Watchers last June and did really well at it until about October (even lost 26 pounds)…then the holiday season hit. *cringe* I am just thankfully I only put about 3 of those pounds back on enjoying all the Christmas goodies. My biggest thing that I need to work on is exercise. I know I get some with keeping up with the boys, but I also know I need to make myself set aside time to put our elliptical machine or treadmill to good use. Did you guys make any lists of things to do this year?

Things are starting back up around The Scrapping Garden. Now that the holiday season has passed on, don’t forget to check out the “Petals of Wisdom Challenge” which starts tomorrow and the Paper Patch Crop which is scheduled for 9pm EST on Thursday, Jan 10th.

Also, do you all know about “Plant Your Comments and Bloom” at TSG? As you “plant” your comments in the TSG forum or gallery you start working towards different goodies. Make sure you check out the link and start “planting” those comments!! And don’t forget, when you reach one of the levels to post back in the thread in the TSG forum to receive your goodies!

And with that, I bid you farewell for today. Off to my day of shuttling Drew to and from school and a trip to SAMS to restock the pantry shelves after the holidays. Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well today is the day Dear...I start taking all my decorations down... been really lazy...Last nite there was a 100 car pile-up on I-90 here in Wisc.....Whew...glad all my kids and their kids were home safe and sound..We've had very bad fog....I hafta get to Sams also...like getting my printer ink there.....along with all other goodies...Have a Beautiful Day Dear...See ya' tomorrow...

Gill said...

ok Jen you did it!! I am a project 365 chick too now! I loved the idea!!!
Only posted one pic for now to learn the programme!
I eamialed you the link hon!! Hugs
Gill

Jen said...

Woohoo! Glad I'm not the only one that got sucked in by this project. LOL Got the link Gill and I can't wait to see your pictures throughout the year!