Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where TearZ Came From...

Once again, thank you so much for all your comments! I am so glad that you are enjoying the quickpages and I'm very happy you like the papers to my new kit!


Nancy (pockets55) had some questions:

What inspired you to do your animals, especially all those adorable bears? Was it looking for something unique in designing kits? Were your children the inspiration?

I had always admired mulberry paper bears and paper pieced things in paper scrapping. I thought they were just adorable, but when I paper scrapped, I didn't want to put all the work into it. So I kind of just admired from a far. And as a collector of stuffed animals from when I was a child, I just have always had a weakness for cute stuffed creations. When I first began designing, the idea came to me that a digital version of mulberry paper bears might be something fun to have. So when I created my Teddy Bear TearZ Kit, I thought it was cute and a one time thing. But it was fun and I thought...oh let's do some zoo animals and once I completed that collection I had so much fun and so much success that I couldn't help but continue. It's really amazing when I look back at it, because I couldn't have even known that this would become my "niche." I was definitely inspired to do this and I'm grateful every day that I have something that I can call my own in the design world. The Bears and other animals are ALL MINE...I draw them, tear them, and complete them all from my own work and am just so blessed to have found something like that for me.

And yes, my children are partly my inspiration. They of course have kept me collecting all my stuffed creatures and actually my PENGUINZ, SNOWMEN, AND POLAR BEARZ Kit is completely inspired by my son's favorite stuffed animal, a little polar bear called Beary! And of course my kids love seeing my bears and it's fun to have designs that work so well with children layouts!




Sweetheaven also had a question:

How did you come up with the name tearz?

Once again I was totally blessed to come up with this name. Actually it was a little bit of a mistake. I was creating my Zoo TearZ Previews and at that time, I was just calling them tears, so like Teddy Bear Tears and Zoo Tears, because that was just something that I came up with because I "tore" the shapes that made up the parts of the animals. I did a typo with a great font called AMAZING RULER and to my shock, the Z shifted up, making it look kind of neat. (Look at the Z in all my previews and you will see what I mean). And it just really appealed to me and is kind of a quirky name, but I think that is one of the reason it sticks out and is noticed.



I am so grateful to all of you asking me questions, it definitely is easier to blog when I have something to blog about. My life, although busy, is quite boring, I don't really ever have much to talk about unless it's my designs LOL So keep the questions coming!

I have been busy all day and I am happy to say that I have completed the bearz to my valentine kit and I'm very excited about how they turned out! I can't wait until Feb 8th when I can release it! I don't want to totally spoil the surprise, so I'm not going to show you the bears until its released, but stay tuned, because I really think you are going to like it!

Well I'm going to let you go, because I got myself into helping my brother with a little movie editing so I gotta go help him for the rest of the night. I should have said no, but I'm no good at saying no, and plus he is my brother who is totally stressed out with working a full-time job and a full-time student at college as well, so I felt pity on him. LOL

But I have another quickpage for you! This was created by another member of my CT, lorig! Thanks Lori!


SORRY THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED


Have a great day and talk to you tomorrow!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danke für die schöne QP

Steffi

Sharon Kay said...

Thank you DeDe and Lori for the quick pages! I will love using them.

Movie editing?! Alas I have a program that says it can do that...but I have yet to take the time to figure it out. Would really enhance those home movies if I would spend the time on it though!

I like the idea of "tearz" because otherwise I would think they animals were crying due to "tears". LOL

Have a great day DeDe!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog today - So much insight to your personal thoughts on what makes you "tick"

Thanks for another gift and you have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie....I thoroughly enjoyed reading your journaling today...I Love hearing what inspires people and I'll tell you I am soooo glad you chose Bearz as your very own design...they are just sooo cute and cuddly...Also...What a Sweetheart you are to help your Bro out....He sounds like a real go getter just like you......Well gotta go get some more caffeine and maybe an egg sandwich....See ya' tomorrow dear...Have a GR8 Day...

Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying your blogging this week! Love hearing the personal stories! How awesome that 'tearz' came from a typo!! Isn't it amazing how those blessings will often just fall in our laps!! Thanks so much for the QP and thanks also to lorig!! Have a wonderful day!!

Tabatha said...

Well I'm glad you were blessed with this gift to design and create these Bearz. I love the 'Z' on the end.

Thanks for todays QP. I love them

Tabatha

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much on the how to you came up with your AWESOME tearz!!!!
TY both so very much for anotheer FANTASTIC QP!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

thanks Dede for the link and thank you Lori for the quickpage. Ok I have asked about the designer Dede now I want to know about the person Dede. If any of the questions are to personal don't answer them. I will understand. I would like to know how long you have been married to the wonderful hubby of yours and how many kids you have and their ages.

Anonymous said...

Thank youi for sharing! Your penguins and polar bears are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing a little of yourself, DeDe.
Thanks for the qp Lori! I love how you suspended the torn journal paper and the frame!
Aspirations is truly an awesome kit!

Be Blessed,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!