Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm BACK!!!

Hey everyone,

REMEMBER ME? LOL...I haven't blogged on the TSG Blog since that second week that it existed back in September! So it's been awhile and I'm glad for the chance again to be with you. Actually, that blogging in September was truly amazing for me as it got me to get my own neglected blog going again and I have to say that it has been a great experience for me! I love my blog now and it has been so nice to have another place to truly advertise myself and let everybody know what is going on in my little design world!

If you care to visit my blog: http://designsbydede.blogspot.com!


So anyways, I'm glad to be back and I hope you enjoy my week of blogging here at TSG!


It's kind of interesting, because yesterday Lynn wrote about the birth of her son and how it was his birthday yesterday...well, guess what? My son's birthday was yesterday as well! :)

My son, JJ, turned 6. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. I think he really had a great day. He gets overwhelmed pretty easily (he's developmentally delayed and we think he has some form of autism...no clear diagnosis yet), but he did pretty well yesterday. We actually kept it really casual and just had a family party. My hubby, me, JJ, and his sister Beth.



He opened his presents which was a couple of Transformers and a Mac and Lightning McQueen Lego Set (from the Disney-Pixar Movie Cars) and he was so excited. He loves that movie and his favorite character is Mac. And I gotta tell you, there aren't that many Mac toys around. He's wanted one for so long and I haven't been able to find one for him, but as soon as I saw that Lego set, I knew he would love it...and he did. The Legos were large and not many pieces so that was good. JJ and his Dad put it together and he played all day with it:







While they put the lego set together and played...I decorated the cake. I have to say I'm not much of a cake decorator...so I always go with something simple. JJ loves a lot of things...Disney Movies (especially the Pixar ones), Blue's Clues, and most recently he's really been getting into action heros, mostly Superman and Batman. And since JJ's middle name is Clark...I thought what better cake than to do a superman one...you know, like Clark Kent. :) So I simply drew a Superman logo on a 9x13 cake! Simple huh? LOL But he loved it so that's all that matters! :)



Anyways, so I think it was a good day for him and I really think this was the first year he really understood what a BIRTHDAY was...so that made it a lot of fun.


Anyways, so I thought I'd share our day with you for today's post. It's actually not even Sunday yet here, but this is most likely the time of day I will post all week...just because it's easier for me once my kiddos are in bed! But I hope you will all participate with me this week! I would love it if you would leave me suggestions, questions, ideas, etc in the comments! I would love to hear from you and it's always easier to blog when you are asked questions! :) So please leave me some love!


Last time I blogged here, I gave away a WHOLE KIT! But I don't have that much energy this time. LOL So you are just getting quickpages from me this week....and all the quickpages were created by my amazing CT Team Members! And I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to them for coming through for me and creating these amazing layouts!

So I think I'll leave you for tonight. Sunday is going to be a BUSY BUSY day for me tomorrow! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and we will talk to you on Monday!

Here's your quickpage for today....thanks to catlady for creating it!

SORRY THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful qp, and I love the circle frame! Thanks to catlady!
It's good to see you back, DeDe! What a fun week this will be!
I do have a question for you..I know how busy you are, so....How do you keep everything organized? Ok..so 2 questions, lol....Do you have a daily routine that helps you in your designing?

Sharon Kay said...

Sounds like a good birthday for your son! I'm not much of a cake decorator either...but have found the "cheat" way to do it...usually I buy "characters" (star wars, hot wheels, blues clues) from toy packs and use them on the cake! Hee hee if it's good enough for the cake places to do.. it's good enough for me... plus then these will be SAFE for kids to play with vs. the throw away decorations. 8-)

Thank you for the quick page! The aspirations kit is really a great kit for any kind of layouts!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, DeDe - and thanks to you and your team for the qp!

Anonymous said...

Wishing JJ a belated happy birthday.
He remind me of my son at that age.
I enjoyed reading about your day
and love the QP. You know me, I'm
a DeDe addict. Hugs,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey DeDe...Hi there Girl...Good to see you again...Sounds like your son had a wonderful Birthday...A Superman cake is always in fashion and all boys Love Superman...Hafta tell you DeDe...I LOVE all your Bear kits...unfortunately I could only afford one kit...but I collect Teddies in real life...I have over 50 of them...All Sizes and shapes...Most of them were gifts from my kids cause they know how much I LOVE them....Maybe in the future I canget another of your Wonderful Bear kits....Well DeDe...Have a Great Week...I know I will enjoy visiting with you....Sending Bear Hugs...LOL...and a Big Muah....

Anonymous said...

Hi Dede,
Happy belated birthday to JJ. Looks like he received some great gives and is having fun. Great job on your Superman cake. I had over 50 people at my house yesturday. So I'm exhausted. Have a great blog week. Lynn

Tabatha said...

Welcome back DeDe! Happy late Birthday to JJ. The cake is fab. You did a great job on it. I usually make Jesse's too. Sometimes they turn out good and others not too good. Last year she wanted a horse cake and I was going to make one but what happens. DH ate a corner and there was no way to get into a horse cake. But I did make it into a haunted house cake. Go figure , from horse to a house. LOL

Thanks for the QP. I know it will be great.

Have a good day

Tabatha

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JJ!!!!!!!!!
Thats my youngest son's name too!!!
Except he's 24 years old and its short for Jace Josiah!!! LOL
Sure looks like he had a grand time!!
TY both so very much for this AWESOME QP!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday to JJ,
he looks as if he really enjoyed his day and his Mac legoset is great,
a typical boy to love this

Unknown said...

thanks Dede and Happy Birthday JJ.
thanks catlady for the quickpage.