Sunday, January 6, 2008

Get it While You Can!

I’m very sad to see that TSG Designer, Kat, will be “hanging up her designing tools” this month. :( Kat announced last night in the TSG forums that January will be her last month to have products in the TSG store. So if you haven’t grabbed any of her great kits, grab them now HERE!!! We understand your reasons, for leaving the designing world, Kat, but I hope you know you will be greatly missed. *HUGS* I still expect to see ya around TSG though! I also hope you enjoy your time doing those “touchy-feely kind” of crafts ;) And make good use of your new Cricut machine!

I hope you all enjoyed getting to know Gill and her family this past week. Doesn’t she have some of the cutest kids! And the goodies that were handed out all week…WOW, thanks SO much Karen!!

Now you are all stuck with me again. I know, what a let down :) I need to go see if I can dig something up for you all this week! I also need to actually remember to blog on here this week!! I have really been neglecting my own blog since before Christmas, so I hope to do better on here.

We are finally getting back to our “normal” routine around here. Well, that is minus the fact that we have decided to gut our closets and redesign the shelf systems in all of them! Here we haven’t even completely finished the remodeling we started last February (painting a good portion of our main floor, installing hardwood and tile flooring, and installing new counters and sink in the kitchen). I still need to get around to the touch-up painting where the walls got banged up with the floor instillation. My hubby also decided last week that we needed a new TV in our living room. We will soon (it is ordered and due to arrive this Friday) the proud owners of a 50” plasma TV as well as a surround sound system. *rolls eyes* Boys and their toys! Of course the new TV doesn’t fit in our current entertainment center (thankfully since I never really did like the one we have), so we spent the weekend deciding on a TV stand. Not an easy task since my hubby and I often have very different opinions ;)

I FINALLY got my Christmas tree taken down yesterday! I must admit that I am one of those people that LOVES to put up a tree, but HATES taking it down! :) It has gotten better since I received a new, pre-lit tree for my birthday in 2006. The thing I disliked the most was fighting with the strands of lights. Am I the only one that didn’t take their tree down the day after Christmas?? We had friends over for New Year’s Eve and they thought it was funny that our tree was still up.

Well, I will stop rambling for now and let you get back to enjoying your Sunday.

5 comments:

Karen Wallace said...

Jen, I took my tree down Yesterday as well and i must admit its the first that its been left up that long , mine is normally down 2nd Jan as we have family over on the 1st so i leave it till then, But this year i just couldn't be bothered with it, the thought of all those lights and every single branch has to come of one at a time. It was an Effort for sure and i can see why my brother bought a fibre optic one this year. Maybe they will do really huge bushy Fibre optic ones for next year as i want one that looks like the one i have but with lights built on as thats the bit i hate most in doing the tree. Sorry i am rambling. Have a good week on the Blog Jen. :)

Robbi and Mike said...

Hi Jen, well from Karens post you are not alone. We put ours up the day after Thanksgiving and I took it down day before yesterday(Light strands, beads, ornaments and branch by branch also Karen)it just seems so final that the holidays are really over :( We too will look for a new less job intense one for next year, lol
Here's to a great week Jen and I too will miss Kat's beautiful designing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen....Glad to see you back..I enjoy seeing everyone here and enjoy getting to see they're day to day Trials and tribulations....I have tons of them also....OMG...Soooo sorry to hear that Kat is hanging it up....She is such a very talented creative soul..
As for Christmas treets...Ours will stay up til next week-end...LOL...Hubby has to put in alot of time at work and I just can't handle putting it away by my self...we have a fber-optic pre lit and they are very very bulky and heavy....Boy...now I am rambling...anywho...Glad to have you back Dear....Muah

Anonymous said...

Nope, you aren't the only one. Our family celebrates the true 12 days of Christmas, which extend from Christmas to Epiphany (today, Jan. 6). So we usually put up our tree a week or two before Christmas and take it down around Jan.7 or so. It's a live tree, so I don't know if that makes it easier or harder than all of you who have artificial ones. I just love the smell of a fresh tree, and we have a great time going to a tree farm and cutting it down every year - I'd hate to give that up.

Anonymous said...

My tree always stays up until the 7th of Jan - and if that falls on a hectic work day, may stay up another day or two. Or longer, LOL! I usually put it up on my birthday (9th of Dec). Although I love the smell of fresh trees, I don't like the mess, and besides - my cat tries to eat it! He even chews on the fake one. My turn to ramble... g'nite!