Monday, January 28, 2008

What a Day!

Wow...here it is the end of my Sunday and I'm exhausted. Just had things happening all day today with meetings, choir practice, visits from people from my church, Church, my brother and his friends coming for dinner, and then hearing that the president of my church, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. I feel saddened and yet happy for him that he is now with his wife and gone on to a better place. He was 97, so it wasn't unexpected, but he has always been my favorite leader in my church, so I will miss him and his words.

Anyways, thank you all for the amazing comments and happy birthdays to my son! You are all so sweet! And you are all very welcome for the quickpages....I have such a marvelous CT to help me out when I need it! :)

And just some personal comments from your comments:
Sharon - my son's name is Joseph Jr. that's what his JJ stands for LOL
Nighty - Yes, you are right...JJ is a typical boy to love CARS :)
Tabby - That is amazing that you were able to make a haunted house out of a cake that was supposed to be a horse! We gotta see photos of that!
Lynn - You are crazy to have 50 people at your house for your son's bday party! LOL NO wonder you are exhausted! rest up!
grammadiane - I'm so happy that you enjoy my bear kits! I hope you can get some more soon! I love that you collect Teddies!
Sharon Kay - Great idea to buy characters to make your cake! I think I will do that next time!


And thank you so much to texjudy for her questions! Gives me something to talk about today!

How do you keep everything organized? Do you have a daily routine that helps you in your designing?

Well, as some of you know...I am a very busy woman! I sell at 5 stores, PLUS my own blogstore and keeping up with all the contributions/crops/challenges to each site is very time consuming. But it has been so worth it to me to get my name out there and be involved in the digital scrapbook community. BUT in order to balance my time out...I definitely have to stay organized and do a daily routine in order to get it all done. Here is what my typical weekday looks like (my weekends are totally different...it is usually when I relax a bit and just spend time with my family):

Somewhere between 8-9AM - I get up (No, I am not a morning person!)
8:00-10AM - I get the Kids Breakfast, get them ready for the day
10AM-11AM - I comment in my store galleries (I've been trying to do at least 5 comments in each of the 5 galleries every weekday), respond and take care of emails and forum postings, crop bonuses, all that kind of stuff
11AM - 12AM - Lunch and get JJ off on the bus for school
12PM - 4PM - Do my Exercises, Shower, Do some cleaning/picking up of the house, spend a little time with Beth, Design Time
4PM - 5PM - Pick JJ up from the bus, get him a snack, spend some time with the kids
5PM-7PM - Catch up on any of my Site responsibilities - Design Time
7PM - 10PM - Dinner, Clean up house, Scripture Study - Kids off to Bed
10-11PM - Spend time with hubby
11PM - 2:00 AM - Design Time

And then of course things change when I have crops and other things and I have to put those into my schedule!


And how do I keep organized....my computer has everything I need. I use the Calendar program to keep track of all my deadlines. I use my Stickies Program (like post its on my desktop)...to make all my to-do lists and my ideas for kits and I have a major spreadsheet that keeps track of all my kits and all my stores with links and it even includes tracking of my Creative Team and their work all in one place.

So my life is pretty crazy but I try to keep it all together and stay with it! I'm not always successful, but I have to try and keep at it! Balancing my life out is probably one of my hardest things and I am always trying to figure out how to do better. But for now, it's working!


If any of you don't know. I host a monthly crop here at TSG and it is on every 4th Wednesday of the month. We do different things every month! So we just had another crop last week and it is NOT too late to do the challenge! So please check out the recap forum and participate! FORUM IS HERE


Well I am completely exhausted tonight...so I will leave you until tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone leaving comments! I would love to hear more questions so I have something to post about tomorrow! So please let me know!

And I have another quickpage for you from my CT member, catlady!

Sorry, this Link has expired

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa Dede, I thought I was the queen of the crazy-busy schedule. I bow down to you and hand the crown over to you. How in the world do you do it cuz I need to know...lol.

Anonymous said...

I too hope that I can get another one of your Darling Bear kits soon also....Hubby holds the purse strings and boy...he has a mighty tight grip...Boy looking at your itenerary you indeed are a very very busy lady....Not too sure that I could handle it....I've slowed down alot...LOL...Have a Great Day Darlin' ..sending Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Oh No...Where are my manners...Forgot to say Thank you for your lovely gift.....Muah

Tabatha said...

WOW that's a lot. I guess we didn't realize exactly how very you really are. Thanks for all you do. The QPs are fab. I love them. Your CT team is so good.

Tabatha

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have exhausted me now with your schedule! How do you do it?? Sending you much respect and admiration!! Questions...Of all your kits is there one that is a particular favorite? Do you ever scrap with your own kits or do you prefer to use other designers' kits for your own scrapping? And, speaking of organization...how do you organize your digiscrapping files on your computer? Thank you to you and catlady for the lovely QP! Hope you have a wonderful afternoon!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Hi Deedee!!
Glad you got a laugh out of my LO
I've just startrd learning o use them & sure not great at it but Gotta start somewhere!!! LOL
Boy I wish I could keep myself on schedule!!! LOL
TY both so very much for another FAB QP!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Dede I am so sorry to hear about your lose. Wow you are a busy lady. I a still don't see how you find the time. Wow you are my inspiration. Get some sleep girl. thanks for the link and thank you catlady for the quickpage.