Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone, I'm baaaack! I totally forgot how to get into this blogger thingy to post. I'm so glad I work with fast and helpful "TSG Co-workers" to help me get thru my first post of the week. THANKS JEN!

I was gone all day yesturday. I went to a digital scrapbook workshop where consultants and scrappers bring their laptops, digital scrap, talk and eat all day. It was a different atmosphere in there because they didn't know anything about the digital scrapbooking world on the internet. I was introduced as a digital scrapbook designer and they all looked into ScrappingGarden and it was a new world to them. They even asked if I had a business card. So that is something I need to add to my long list of To Do items. They use this program and use the kits that are included in the program for $2o per month and then create books and get them printed. To me it seems very costly to print a book, but I signed on as a consultant so I can create templates to sell. And if your month is over, you don't have any scrapping kits to keep. I'm not sure how dedicated I will be in this because I have to individually import one file at a time of my kit and use their program to create the templates. It's very slow and basic and would rather work in Photoshop. I'm going to another workshop in February where a consultant will teach people how to use Photoshop elements. I'm going to check it out because they want me to teach a class...me?... yeah right...lol.

Because I was sick all last week and gone all yesturday, the house is a major disaster. I decided that we do a power clean up for two hours. We put some fast paced music on... I like my satelite radio that plays disco to eighties music.... and we clean to the beat of the music. The music is set up so we can hear it loud throughout the entire house. We all clean a specified room in a really crazy and rhythmic pace for 30 minutes. You cannot be slow or walk. When the 30 is up we move to another designated area. If the first room is not complete, two stay to finish while another two start the next area. It's pretty fun, we can be silly, we work up a sweat and we get the job done.

It will be a busy week for me as I have a birthday party for my son and my nephew here at my house next Saturday. This week I will work, plan for the party, shop for the party, order a cake, plan a yearbook meeting, uploade a kit or two in the store, clean the house, etc.... phew... getting tired already. Well I got to go.... I've got no freebies to give out right now but I can lead you to my Braving the Elements Challenge where you can get four element freebies and a chance to earn 2 kits for the price of one.... that's on sale even.

Thanks for joining me today. Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to see you made it in ok, Lynn :) WOW! You are one busy lady! It sounds like you had a great day yesterday. That all sounds very interesting and who knows, maybe you will convert some of them over to internet digi scrapping. Good luck in your new consulting job. You would do great with teaching a class I am sure. Your way of cleaning sounds like lots of fun and great exercise! I will have to try that out sometime. Good luck with the party planning and I look forward to hearing more from you this week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn...Welcome Back....Ya' know what...I think you would be great at teaching a class...That workshop sounds like fun...I imagine its a great way to learn new techniques...Don't sweat the housework....If noone complains it can wait....Hope you have a Great week Dear....See ya' tomorrow....