Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DAY THREE

Hi again! It’s my third day already and I want to tell you how much I appreciate the comments you all are leaving each day. I’m so glad that you are enjoying the pieces of my Autumn Leaves kit. I apologize to those who couldn’t get the link to work at first. Jen was kind enough to fix it for me. Thanks Jen!

I heard from someone who lives only about 30 miles from me! Katie if you go to the TSG site, you can PM me and we’ll talk about S.C. and digi-scrapping! Great to find someone so close to me – with all of the sites I have frequented through the years I’ve seen very few South Carolinians. My screen name most places is "dax", in case some of you recognize that name instead of my real name.

Dyanna wanted to know how my cat got his name “Sir”. Well, you will probably be disappointed Dy, cause it wasn’t anything elegant at all! He was born in the barn at my FIL’s (who lived right next to me), one of a litter of 5. There were 3 short-hairs and 2 long-hairs, one of which was Sir. They were all different colors, from black to white to gold and mixed also. The long-haired gold one was a beauty from the beginning, and the favorite of my DH’s niece and nephew, who christened “her” Blondie – we all thought it was a female! When my FIL passed away Blondie was the only one of the litter left, so we inherited “her”. By the time I discovered this was NOT a girl, he was used to the name and we started calling him “Sir Blondie” so this big tomcat wouldn’t be confused, LOL! In time he became just ”SIR”! Just a case of mistaken identity, I guess. Here are a couple of layouts I’ve done of Sir over the past couple of years.

















Well, that’s enough for today – I do tend to ramble sometimes!

SORRY, THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED

12 comments:

fun2educate said...

I live in Lancaster, SC! About 20 minutes from Rock Hill or 40 from Charlotte. I have a place at Myrtle Beach and go alot. We might be neighbors too!! NEAT. Anyway, I am a dog person, but I do love the pictures your BIG cat. My dog is a yorkie and weighs just 3 lbs...think your cat could take him on..lol! Thanks for sharing something of yourself and for the kit. I am loving it. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers in the kit. It's gorgeous.

Tabatha

Michelle said...

Sir is a beautiful cat! Thank you for another wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Sir is beautiful!!!!
TY so very much for the 3rd wonderful part!!!!!

TexJudy said...

Hiya, Pat! Sir is a beautiful cat..looks much like a stray that has come here and stayed..lol.
We had a cocker that came up as a stray and my kids named "him" Baby Doll...lol. His name eventually was just "Baby". I guess this sort of thing just happens sometimes..lol.
I'm enjoying getting to know you better this week!
Thanks bunches for this kit, I hope I can make it each day!

fl_connie said...

Wonderful story of how Sir got named! Thanks for another link!

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Ah ha - see? I knew there was a great story there! And what a gorgeous cat! Thanks for sharing.

mom2triplets04 said...

Your cat is beautiful. Thanks for the day 3 link. Love the trees.

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

so nice...thanks.
-sheryl