Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering

I am sure around the blog world today you will find many people writing today about what happened to the United States 6 years ago on this date. It is hard to believe 6 years have passed since that tragic day. As everyone else, I can remember where I was when I heard the news. I was sitting at my computer in my classroom trying to finish up paperwork for an IEP (individualized education plan…used in special education) before school started with no idea what was happening. It wasn’t until my teacher’s aide came in that I found out. Then I remember our Principal saying a little something about it during the morning announcements – not much though since it was an elementary school. Since my room was the only classroom without a TV, I had to go to another classroom to see any of the news (one whose students were out to music class)…but most of my information came from the internet. Everything I saw was after the fact. I wasn’t one that was watching live TV as the 2nd tower was hit. Most of it being information I gathered after school was over. Such a horrific event! My thoughts and prayers still go out to those families who lost loved ones on that day. My thoughts and prayers also go out to all the families who have (or had) family serving in the military trying to stop terrorists from inflicting such pain in any country in the future.
**************************************

Yesterday was my oldest son’s first soccer practice. When it was time to leave our house, it was down pouring so I didn’t take my nice camera with me. I thought for sure we would just go meet the coach, get paperwork and then leave. The thing I didn’t know was that in that part of town, it was done raining…so he did end up having practice, soggy field and all. I tried to get a few picture with my little Sony Cybershot, but didn’t end up with any really good ones since I was juggling Zach in my arms …that and also having to go after Drew. The child is in his own little world half the time as you can see from the following picture (he is the one at the end getting ready to kick the soccer ball when he was suppose to be listening to the coaches giving them some instructions).

He had a rough start to the day with getting in trouble in the morning at school, then refusing to take a nap in the afternoon and wrapping it up with a rough time with listening at soccer practice. I think I will have a full head of gray hair by the time this child is out of grade school! I am VERY thankful that we get to spend the WHOLE day at home today – our only day of the week when we aren’t having to go somewhere. Maybe I will even get a chance to get a page or two scrapped!

Speaking of getting pages scrapped...Did you get a chance to participate in the August “Fun With DeDe” challenge in the TSG forum? She picked a great ad inspiration for last month. Check it out HERE . I actually even found a chance to participate in this challenge (something I usually don’t find the time to do any more). Here is layout I created using a paper from DeDe Smith’s "School TearZ" and scissors from Cheryl McCain’s “Stitchin’ It Up”. Credits HERE

Can’t wait to see what DeDe has in store for us this month!

Now for Day 3 of the “Baby Plaid” mini kit by DeDe Smith Sorry, this link is gone.

2 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for part 3!!!
Love your LO of the First haircut!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this cute kit!