Sunday, September 9, 2007

WELCOME! (& Some Freebies)

Welcome to the new TSG Blog!!

My name is Jen and I will be the hostess around these parts. I hope you make yourself comfy and get to know a little bit more about the TSG team members. Each week a different team member will be our guest blogger for the week. During that week you will hopefully get to know a little bit more about that member. We have such a GREAT team here I can’t wait for you all to get to know each of them.

This week though, you are stuck with me :)

First, a little about myself…as I said, my name is Jen and I live in pretty much the middle of the USA…in the great state of Missouri. I have lived here all my life…born in the St. Louis area (west of actually in a small town called Washington), attended college in NE Missouri & back in the St. Louis area and then I married and moved to SW Missouri where I have been for a little over 8 years. I have a wonderful, computer junky hubby and two rambunctious boys:
Drew who just turned 4 years

and
Zach who just turned 1 year
As you would see by a glance in my gallery at TSG, most of my layouts are of the 2 of them. I am sure a story or two about them will come up during the course of this week. Before my oldest was born, I taught elementary special education…loved it and plan to go back after both the boys are in school full time.

My job around TSG had been to get the monthly newsletter "The Garden Gateway" put together and more recently I have started to be the one who organizes the quarterly Charity Garden.

Other than scrapbooking, I enjoy reading, watching movies and taking TONS and TONS of pictures. I really enjoy taking pictures with my new Nikon D80 my hubby got me for Anniversary/Mother’s Day. I have a lot to learn about using a DSLR though and am still shooting most the time in Auto mode.

Speaking of my little guy recently turning one…I wanted to share a layout I completed the other day. I used the GREAT “Snips ‘n Snails” kit created by Michelle Rodriguez available HERE

To view larger: Page 1 & Page 2

You can grab a very simple template for the “1st Birthday” page if you would have any use for it HERE

Now for the special goodies created by the awesome DeDe Smith! She created this mini kit for me to share with you all this week. How sweet is that?!

Each day I will hand out a couple of pieces, so make sure to drop by for a visit every day to pick up the whole kit! I want to say a HUGE “Thanks” to DeDe for her generosity!

Now, for today’s pieces,
Sorry, this link is gone.

Ok, time for me to head off for today. Talk to you all tomorrow!

7 comments:

dyanna said...

Wonderful post Jen :) The whole blog looks great! Thanks so much to DeDe for the gifts :)

Lisa said...

Nice to read about you Jen and your boys are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this great template and wonderful layouts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the template - my son turns one soon, so it'll come in handy!

Miss j aka mixedclawzz said...

Hi Jen! From a fellow St. Louisan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great template; simple but sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love this template! Thank you so much! This kit is lovely and thank you for the mini kit!

ccjanet said...

Love your soft plaids. thanks.