Friday, September 14, 2007

TGIF

Happy Friday to all of you! With the crazy schedule I’ve had lately, the weeks just seem to be flying right past me.

Yesterday was Drew’s swimming lesson day and it ended up being a private lesson. Usually there is one other boy with him, but he wasn’t there for some reason. It really was great for Drew to have a private lesson so they could work on helping him over come his fear of water and not wanting to get it in his face. I was so excited when he dunked himself under! That is a MAJOR accomplishment for him. I think we all had the same shocked look on our faces after he did it. Usually it is his swimming teacher sneaking in a quick dunk. An even better part is that I caught that first self dunk with my camera. Not a really great picture since I was using my little Cybershot without flash and the overhead lights cause some glare off the water, but I still got it! :) His swimming teacher probably thinks I’m crazy since I have a camera with me every week.

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and starting to pack for our little out-of-town weekend. I have a cousin getting married on Saturday, so we are going to my parents and then will be drive to the wedding with them. It will be nice to see all the extended family. Especially since it has been over a year since I have seen some of them. Which means the last time they would have seen me I was VERY pregnant. Lol

I hate to say it, but I failed at getting a layout done again today. I had started the week out so well. I am still hoping to get a chance to participate in Linda Cumberland’s “Blueprint of My Garden” Challenge. You can see the details HERE if you would like to participate. She has a great sketch that I am really anxious to use.
Since I need to finish packing so it will all be ready to load up in our van later this afternoon, I will leave you with today’s pieces to the great kit DeDe Smith has so graciously shared with all of us. Sorry, this link is gone.
Talk to you all tomorrow. And hey! It will be the last time for awhile that you all will have to read my rambling. Remember, next week DeDe will be your host. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us!!

6 comments:

Phill and Melissa said...

Thanks so much vfor baby plaid! I love it!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have loved your ramblings! Have a very fun weekend with your family! Thanks for #6 too.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Just found your blog and immediately scrolled down to snag the whole kit. Tnx so much for sharing. You have a lovely family and I think you're a super mom: letting your kids bang lids together and still keeping your sanity:-)!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY both so ever much for #6!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!