Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back To Work

Yep, I had to go back to work last night and I am ready for bed. That first night back is always a killer.
Blue24k2000 (Carolyn) and keiki (Donna), a couple of TSG members, met yesterday at our local bowling alley! Donna was in town for a bowling tournament, so Carolyn dropped in to see her. I was supposed to go along, but I slept through my alarm. Carolyn did share some pictures with me - I can't wait to see them scrapped!

How about a little more about me? What do I do besides scrap? Crochet! I love to crochet - I can remember my great grandma teaching me to make a basic chain using my fingers. I crochet mostly afghans. I get impatient following tedious patterns. My only problem is that I tend to give them away as gifts, so I don't actually have that many of my own.
There's a few of the afghans I still have. On the far right in the middle row is a bed I crocheted out of cloth for our poodle. The bottom is my crochet hook case. Well, the one I made anyway. I tend to use the bigger hooks and multiple strands of yarn these days.

I'm also a genealogist. Back to my great grandma again. :) I grew up listening to her stories about the family. Then, when I was a freshman in high school, my English teacher had a guest come in. He had a beautiful book he'd made from his genealogy research. I was hooked! I was the county coordinator for two USGenWeb Indiana counties for over 10 years. I just gave them up last November. I had to make a choice between my scrapping addiction and the genealogy sites. I think it's obvious what my decision was. :)

Today I have another stickit for you, made by my CT Kay! This one is also from my kit A Spring Thing.

You can download it here. (Sorry, this link has expired).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

TYSVMFS ;-) Pammy. And also a HELLO to Kay and the Bb and Stickit's look great. Great job KAY!
*hugs*
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hey pammy, my grandma taught me how to crochet with my hands too. I love to crochet and knit during the winter while watching movies.That's pretty cool how your friends are also TSG members. Cool on the whole geneaology thing that you were in charge of. I just googled it and read about the orphan train. My great great great...etc grandfather was the founder of a town, San Nicholas, in the Philippines where all of my mom's family grew up. I have a poster of huge family tree that my grandpa (my grandma's brother)gave to me before he passed. It ends with my oldest cousins on it. I found a relative online who caries the same last name of the founder and is trying to update the family tree. My cousin and I are in charge of getting info from our family, but my mom has 10 brothers and sisters. Last count about 25 years ago, I had 43 cousins. Get more rest and see ya later.

Lynn R

Cher said...

Good morning Miss Pammy J!
I love, love, love your "bankies" and the fur's bed!!!
I lent all my needlework stuff to dd - and I think it is time for me to start again!
BTW, just in case - my user name is cherfree = have a wonderful day - and it is so nice to "see" you!
Hugs - Cher, Leslie's Udder Mudder

Robbi and Mike said...

thank you and Kay. I was out of town the first part of the week when you gave out the other QP :( its adorable. Thank you so much, and nice getting to know a bit about you. How neat that Carolyn and Donna got to meet and sorry you could not make it. Last November Xashee (Shirley) and I met 1/2 way between our homes and had a great chat and lunch too. So much fun, only wish we had more time! See ya tomorrow :) Hugs, Robbi

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY both so very much for todays LOVELY QP!!!!!

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Beautiful crochet work! Thanks so much for sharing your stickit and your stories!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Wonderful job on your crochet and the QP too!! Thank you so much for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Pammi this is awesome, I love it. Great job on this stickit.