Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cats

I think cats are one of the most magnificant of all God's creatures. I do not really remember when I was first attracted to them, but I distinctly recall the first cat who owned me!

I had begged and begged my parents for a cat for the longest time, and was always told no because we lived in an apartment. During the summer between second and third grade, my dad built a house for us. At last, I thought, I can have a cat! My mom was really not particularly fond of those "animals" ... as a young girl, one had jumped out at her, and scared her half to death. Then, one day, Mom and Dad told me I could have a kitten. A coworker of mom's had a new litter, and we could go and pick one out. There were "conditions" of course ... it could NOT be a girl cat.

That weekend we took off to get MY cat. It was the LONGEST ride. Finally, we arrrived at the woman's home, went inside, and were led to the cellar stairs. She opened the door and several cats, of all colors and sizes, ran up as fast as they could.
Except, for this one BEAUTIFUL, tiny little black kitty with white paws...THAT "animal" regally made her way up those steps. Well, I fell in love in that one instant. As things go, and you can probably guess, it was the ONLY female of the litter. I know that Mom said "oh, no", BUT, the ride home with my wonderful pet, the black and white kitty, sittin on my lap will never leave my memory. At the tender age of 8, I chose a very "unique" name, too. I called her "Kitty". She was with us for many years ... a few too many, probably. She became very sick and my parents had to put her down, a few years after I had moved out of that house my daddy built.

Over the years, I always seemed to be able to "charm" my (ex)husband, who was NOT thrilled with CATS, either, to allow me to have my pets. We almost always had at least one, and a few times, two cats, who allowed us to share "their" home.

All my children "inherited" my love for kittens. We did have one "tragedy". Our Samantha had birthed her litter in our fireplace. (Our dog, Missy, ACTUALLY woke me up in the middle of the night to "show me" the new kitties). A few days later, Samantha decided to move her babies to a sleeping bag next to my son, Richard's, bed. Well, Richard came to me, holding a "dead" kitten ... he had "no idea" what happened to it! My suspicions were confirmed several years later, when an older Richard confessed he had gotten out of bed and stepped on the kitten. He did not know they were snuggling in his sleeping bag! Even today, as adults on their own, my kids have NEVER been without feline companionship.

Just a short time after I purchased my own home, I decided once again, I "needed" a cat. Early one Saturday morning, I headed off to the local adoption clinic. There I found my present "royalty" feline sisters, Punkin and Baby. I had to leave their brother behind, unfortunately, cause I just could not affored 3 cats at that time. Today, I still am amazed by my "kitties". It has been scientifically proven that pets lower our blood pressure, and make us happier with life.

Irish Proverb: "Beware of people who dislike cats."

Today, I have made a qp for you using my SPRING IS BLOSSOMING kit, found here, and ON SALE NOW for only $2.50.

Meet my kitties...Punkin and Baby ... and enjoy your QP. Remember to DOWNLOAD today! (sorry, link has expired)

Photobucket

Photobucket


I hope you have a wonderful day ... See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful story, another lovely QP. Thank you.

I am partial to kitties myself and almost always had them, but for the last 9 years -- hubby is severely allergic :(

Georgia Oliver, Dreams Ink! Digital Designs said...

Ohhh another cat lover! We currently have six fur babies ruling our house.

Anonymous said...

Hate to say it but.....I am not a Big cat fan....We did at one time own a siamese and we loved her alot but when my youngest was born she showed a bit of jealousy so we had to give her to another good home....Thank You for your Lovely freebie Dear.....Soooo enjoyed reading your little newsletter today....take care and have a nice day....

Robbi and Mike said...

Ahhh, they are adorable! I too have 3 inside fur babies from Age 4to 11. DD#1 has 2 dogs and 1 cat and DD#2 has 3 Inside and for the moment 2 outside (with a litter on the way) So I can really relate. Love reading about your life and very much enjoy your QP, I may have to scraplift your layout tho, it is wonderful! Hugs!

Barb said...

thanks for the QP and story 3 cats let me live with them at present!!!

Dracowin said...

Thank you for the lovely QP and for sharing your kitty memories. I too have always had feline owners and currently share my life with three spoiled furbabies. They drive me crazy some days, but I can't imagine life without them.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for this beautiful QP & the awesomr LO of your cute kitties!!!!

Anonymous said...

we have three cats at our place, I have always had cats as well. Thanks for the QP. Your babies are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say the same for my 6 Schnauzers, Bearrr, Teddy Bearrr, Allie, Chloe, Jazzy, and Maggie Mae!!!! Thank you so very much for your story, and sharing abit of you life with us. Thankyou so very much for the QP! Hugs, Deb P

Anonymous said...

I love cats too, thank you for your blog story, we all have a story or two & they would all be very interesting. Love your QP & thank you! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful QP, Marsha. Your babies are beautiful! I adore cats and have two in my home as well. They bring so much comfort and joy into my life. I can't imagine life without them. Thank you for sharing the story of getting your first kitty. It was wonderful.