Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm SO Sorry!

I am REALLY sorry I haven't been around consistently this week! My youngest has been in the process of coming down with something so I have had to focus on him a lot. Last night was the worst so far. I was up most of the night with the little guy (he's 19 months old) trying ease his breathing. About 3am this morning his breathing became really labored for him (his poor little chest just got sucked in with each breath, but his coloring stayed fine), so from then until about 4:15am I was in the bathroom runny a steamy shower and then outside in the cool night air...back and forth. This seemed to be just a little helpful, so I finally gave him some Albuterol (we have some on hand since my oldest ends up with wheezy coughs a lot), and that relieved him enough to get a little sleep...well some sleep after he finally settled down. The Albuterol really hyped him up :) Today his breathing has been ok (not perfect, but not struggling like he was last night), but the poor kid is coughing constantly! The latest thing I have tried (from suggestion of the nurse at his doctor's office) is warm decaf tea with some honey in it. He LOVED it, but I didn't really notice a difference. I also just tried some straight honey. Again he enjoyed it, but still coughing. So any suggestions you might have that I could try would be appreciated! Both my boys seem to have a weakness in this area and often colds settle in their respiratory system, so this is nothing new to me. I am just praying it doesn't turn into pneumonia like it did in February!

ANYWAY, I say all that to give a little explanation as to why I haven't been around here much :) I know, excuses, excuses ;) I have also been around here so much, that I seem to have run out of things to talk about. You all pretty well know all about my family and I at this point ;) I wish I had an exciting area of the country to talk about like Tina was able to share with us, but with living pretty much in the middle of the United States, there isn't that much exciting happening...unless you count the tornadoes we seem to get often around here. In fact, we are suppose to have chances of those around here tomorrow afternoon. I LOVE spring, but I do NOT like the tornado season that comes with spring :) But there are MANY things to love about spring too. Like the blooming bradford pear trees...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen I think that Ihave something that might work. If it doesnt the Drs office is in order because this stuff is better than anything out on the market. It is an old time remedy for coughs. Okay, it is going to sound horrible but it really isnt and it tastes pretty good too believe it or not. Okay take several white onions and peel then cut them up. They dont have to be chopped so dont bother. Cut up is fine. Pour sugar over them until they are covered up all the way. Let stand over night and then give him a couple teaspoons of the syrup in the morning. The sugar pulls out whatever is in the onions that soothe a cough. It doesnt have a really bad onion taste either. Honest. I have used this for many years and it really works unless you are really, really, really sick. Good luck dear. Love ya
April

Jaydensmama said...

You shouldn't appologize for not posting cause your child is supposed to come first, The most important thing is that the baby is alright, the posting can wait, We will be here when the little one is better. ok?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna.....I feel so bad about your little guy...i'll tell you what my Mommy and then I did for my kids.....I'd warm some milk...Add Honey and lemon and a tad of butter...That always seemed to do the trick...I don't know how to tell you amounts because we never measured.....Just use you own judgement.....Hope it helps....Don't you dare worry about us dear....You have bigger fish to fry for now...We Luv ya' and will be here no matter what...take care of your Family and your pressing matters first....Hugs Hunny bunny.....

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, I hope your little is doing better. I don't have any remedies for you except for the albuterol and lots of rest. You take it easy as well. Don't worry about us.