Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wed., April 16 - The River

We spent some time over at the river yesterday. We have a "cabin" over there - it's actually just an ancient trailer that's only about 36' long, but it keeps the rain off of our heads. :) The river got up in the trailer when it flooded this year, so we have a mess to clean up. During the summer, you can find us over there a lot! We have a pontoon that we run up and down the river on, dh has his jon boat for fishing and we just got a jet ski last October. We really enjoy tubing down the river, too. It's just so peaceful and relaxing. Until we break out the karaoke, that is!

Here's a layout of me & DH on the jet kit - that's Tina Marie on Chris' lap. She'll follow him anywhere. I was surprised at how well the water in these two photos matched up! Used elements from Lynn Reloza's Beaches 2 kit.

And here's a layout of my two granddaughters singing karaoke. Aren't they sweet? I had this one put on a mug for my son-in-law. Used Lynn Griffin's Touch of Love kit for this layout.

Today is my oldest granddaughter, Lilly's birthday. She's 5 already! Sarah turns 3 on May 5. It'll always be easy to remember hers - she was born on 5/5/05! Since their birthdays are fairly close together, their mom has gotten by with combining their birthday party each year. This year it will be April 26 at the Children's Museum. And this bad, bad grammy hasn't even bought their gifts yet.

Since it's Lilly's birthday, I thought I'd give you all a gift of a birthday sampler. This is a kit in progress and will eventually be in the store. I'm calling it Birthday Party right now, but that's subject to change. :)



You can download it here. (Sorry, this link has expired).

Kim brought it to my attention that my Easy as 1, 2, 3 challenge was supposed to end on the 15th. I've extended both the sale and the challenge until midnight, April 19th. The featured kit for this challenge is A Spring Thing and is on sale for $2.00. You can find details on the challenge here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow pammy sounds like a very fun and relaxing day at the river yesturday. Look at you whizzing by. Great job merging the two photos. Happy birthday to Lilly and future high-five birthday to Sarah. You're not a bad gramma... there's still plenty of time to get them something...lol. Great birthday kit starter.

Hugs, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam....what a terrific Getaway....Love LO is great and you are sooo right...the water in the 2 merging photos match up perfectly.....Also love the Karaoke LO...how cute they are....Please give Lilly a Birthday Hug from me.......Gotta run....See Ya' tomorrow.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing :)

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Thanks for the sampler!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Pammyj,
I dearly love that layout of you and Chris AND TINA MARIE hahahahahha awesome !!!!!!!!
Happy birthday To LILLY too.. and *hugs* to both her and Sarah when they have their party.
Thanks for the Sampler. *G*
If you need help at the River cabin give me a shout. I'll help if I know when you'er going.
ttyl
Carolyn