Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daughters ...Oh My!


My lovely daughter will turn 25 on May 14. I don't know her "story", but as my youngest child, and ONLY girl, she has demanded attention since BEFORE she was born. In my seventh month of pregnancy, I developed some problems, and my doc wanted to perform an early C-Section. Fortunately, we decided to "ride things out" if possible, and not only was Lynnsey not born prematurely, but she was born past my due date. This has been the THEME of her life ever since ... always late!

Around the age of two, we became concerned because she was not developing her language skills like our boys did. I mean she "babbled" ALL the time ... but no one could understand a word she said. Of course, with three older brothers (the eldest is her step-brother), we realized she did not really need to speak English to have her every wish filled. She would say, "blah, blah, blah", and one of the boys would speak up and tell us, "Lynnsey wants ..." It has become a joke around our house, because once she started, to this day, I don't believe she has ever STOPPED talking. Once, I picked the kids up from day care, and asked them to please be quiet as a mouse because "Mommy has a very bad headache." My sweetie, spent the entire ride home, telling me loudly, clearly, AND repeatedly, that she was going to be a good girl and be very quiet 'cause she didn't want mommies head to hurt.

The boys love to tease their sister, and have done so at EVERY opportunity. We had just moved into a very large house, and were celebrating our youngest son's birthday ... but we had somehow "lost" Lynnsey. We were shocked when we noticed this pre-schooler, carrying her brothers (LARGE) cake, down the hall. We all started to run for her, and I guess we scared her half to death...in a WHOOSH, she dropped his cake upside down on the carpet. They have NEVER have let her forget that. She got quite upset about it, too, until recently. In fact, a few years ago, my mom asked Lynnsey if she was dressing up for Halloween. My son, Richard, spoke up and said, "Yeah, she is going to be a CAKE-DROPPER!"

Lynnsey and I have a very close relationship. A few weeks before her tenth birthday, she decided she needed to talk to me about "this period thing". After I stopped choking, ( I did not think I needed to have THAT talk for another year or so), we cuddled under some blankets on the couch, put on some music, and she got her first "very" basic lesson in the facts of life. She has always been comfortable talking to me about her "teen problems ... like boys", and now, her young adult issues. For that I am thankful.

My daughter is a very social young lady. She has a bright and optimistic outlook on life, and her smile lights up her entire face. She is on the "go" all the time, and often is a bit "ditsy."Which brings me to her faults ... THE GIRL IS STILL ALWAYS LATE!

For today's FREEBIE, I am gifting you with another lil' mini. I have also scrapped a page to introduce you to Lynnsey. Hope you like!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Remember to get your FREEBIE today; the link expires tomorrow.
(sorry, link has expired)

8 comments:

Georgia Oliver, Dreams Ink! Digital Designs said...

I am really enjoying your blogging this week and getting a chance to know you. It is wonderful that you and your children are doing so much for your mother and that you make the best of the situation. Thanks for giving us a peek into your life! Hugs, Georgia

Anonymous said...

I could feel the love in your words as I read about your daughter. It's wonderful that you have such a close, special relationship with her. I have the same kind of relationship with my daughter who is almost 28. What a blessing a daughter is! Thank you for the beautiful mini kit. It's just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for today's freebie and it is nice to "meet" your daughter!

Robbi and Mike said...

Nice to meet Lynnsey :) What a great relationship you have, thats so wonderful. I too have very close relationships with both my daughters, its so wonderful!
Hope you have a great day and thank you for the sweet gift. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

OMG....Late or not you have an absolutely beautiful Daughter...I have a few children that don't run by a clock also.....They use instinct and Yep....Its always LATE LATE LATE We have finally resorted to telling them and hour earlier and guess what...they are usually right on time or shortly thereafter....LOL.....Loved reading about that beautiful young lady.....Thank U for sharing her and TY for the Beautiful Mini....I Love it...Have a GR8 Day....I'm starting to recoup a bit from the flu and nasty cold I have....One of these days I WILL be normal.....

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Your DD is GORGEOUS & so is the mini!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY so very much!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzerd said...

a lovely kit for a lovely daughter, thank you for sharing *both* of these with us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the beautiful mini! You're daughter is beautiful!