Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Shake, Shake

Yes, it did! And this is Indiana! I was at work this morning, almost at the end of my shift. I took the big fork truck out to fill it up. I work in a very loud factory, so I had my ear plugs in - didn't hear anything, but all of a sudden the truck starting rocking back and forth. I couldn't figure out what was going on - I was standing beside it and it was filling up at the time. Earthquakes aren't exactly common around here. :) So I took the nozzle off the truck, then pushed on it to see if I could rock it - of course, it didn't budge. I figured I was tired and hallucinating. :D When I got back inside the plant, I had a text message from my oldest dd - she said it woke them up out of a dead sleep. Apparently it rumbled as well as shook. Then I checked my e-mail before leaving and there was an e-mail from my friend Carolyn about the earthquake. It's big news - all over the TV. It was a 5.4, with the epicenter about 24 miles SW of Vincennes. I was in Terre Haute at the time. Just let me say that I was very happy to find that I was not, in fact, hallucinating. :)


We have 4 dogs. Dh said all 4 of them tried to crawl up in his lap. And my youngest dd slept right through it. She's not a morning person. I guess we can honestly say now that she would sleep through an earthquake.

Today's the last day to get my A Spring Thing kit on sale for only $2.00! The Easy as 1, 2, 3 challenge ends tonight at midnight, too. So get your layouts posted!

Today I'm sharing some frames with you. You can download them here. (Sorry, this link has expired).
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Yes Pammy, Our house rock rattled and rolled *LOL* Not really--it just shook like crazy and at first I really got scared until I realized what it was. IT's been 22 years since last time that happened here in our area and it was then a 5.2.. It brought DH out of the bed this morning and that's saying something hahahhaha. My DS slept right through it too , just like Katie did.. but Cori Ann was in the shower and she didn't even realize anything had happened.. I had goosebumps .. I am just waiting to see if we feel an *After Shock** or not.
TYSVMFS the great Frames.. Love them. But of course I am a FRAME addicted person *LOL*
You've done a great job on the blog this week.
*hugs*
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Wow Pammy. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I was in a same situation as you in 1989. I was driving to meet friends at my college library. I had the radio on and I remember the DJs just freaking out, screaming, talking frantically about an earthquake. I looked at the other drivers and nothing seemed unusual. When I arrived at the library, 5th floor, my friends were all sick from motion sickness and just scared. I'm glad Carolyn was fine too. P.s. Those are great frames you're sharing. Take care - hopefully there will be no more shaking.

Robbi and Mike said...

Wow, Thats very unusual. Thought Only California got Good Size Ones like that. We have had many good ones here and they were just saying CA was due for one any time now. Glad you and Carolyn and your families are ok and hope not too many aftershocks. Thank you for the darling frames! Hugs!

Kim said...

Believe it or not, we even felt it in northeast Indiana! It wasn't much, but enough to wake us up. Simply amazing!
Thanks Pammy for the frames and the week of sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I had heard on the news about that Quake....scary stuff Huh.....thats just to close to home for comfort.......Thank You for those terrific frames...I Love 'em...Care Sweets and have a lovely and Quake free weekend....

Jen said...

I just talked to my mom in the St. Louis, MO area...and she said they felt the aftershock around 10am CST (it was something like a 4.5 or so)! She was sitting at her desk at work and her chair began shaking. The first one even shook some concrete off a bridge in St. Louis they are saying. How CRAZY! There are even some reports of people feeling it here in the Ozarks (SW Missouri) and in Arkansas! Hmmm...and just thinking back now, my youngest woke up screaming around 4:30...wonder if that was why?! Hopefully there hasn't been any damage from all of these and praying there were no injuries anywhere. Now to just pray it doesn't set off the New Madrid fault with all this shaking. :)