Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Know I Promised...

I know I promised a real blog entry today, but can you believe it, I'm not sure what to even write about! lol

There has been a lot happening in my world since the last time I hosted the TSG Blog. We took my oldest son to see a pediatric opthamologist because we was seeing double sometimes. He checked out with 20/20 vision and the doctor believes it might have been from being tired or maybe even stress. We also pulled him out of preschool since he was having so many behavior problems and I am working with him at home on school work. This has really seemed to help him and the fits are fewer and most are less explosive. We also took him to see an allergist and are waiting to get the results back from the tests (poor kid's nose just starts bleeding out of no where pretty often). My youngest is in the midst of cutting his eye teeth - UGH! It has been a long, and evidently painful process for him. :( I had a tonsillectomy on March 15th - thankfully a pretty uneventful one. A few days after my tonsillectomy we had a TON of rain in our area and our basement had some water problems...which ment moving lots of stuff out of the way of the water, pulling up the carpet, sucking up the water, letting it all dry completely out and then relaying the carpet. We are still in the middle of trying to get everything moved back where it belongs. And of course I couldn't make it just a simple "move everything back where it came from". No, I decide this would be the perfect time to move our office to the spare room downstairs and then move Drew (our oldest son) into what was the office and Zach (our youngest son) into what was Drew's room. lol And the fun doesn't end there! :) We need to finish redoing one more closet with the ClosetMaid stuff we bought back in January, as well as fix the drainage problem in our backyard and do some landscaping.

Enough about my life, have you all seen the great challenges happening around TSG?

First, don't forget tomorrow evening (Thursday, April 3rd) at 9pm EST is "Box of Dreams Crop with Georgia Oliver"!



Also don't forget all the on going challanges around the garden:
ABC Challenge
Blueprint of My Garden (you have until the 21st to finish the current challenge)
Can You Face The Type?
Color Challenge
Daily Download Challenge
Grow Your Elements
Petals of Wisdom
Scraplift with Karen
Scrap a Masterpiece with Karen
And of course you can't forget the "Keeping it Straight" Challenge!! What a perfect way to keep all the information straight on all the challenges you are working on around TSG.
Whew! That almost makes my head spin :)

Ok, I think I will leave you today with something that isn't scrapbook related, but still something I hope you might enjoy. I am currently addicted to the following "Chicken & Wild Rice Soup" recipe. It is SUPER simple and I think it is delicious so I wanted to share it with you. The original recipe I got from Mr. Food on a noon news show about a month ago, but I have made a few changes. ;) Hope you enjoy!


Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

6 servings
________________________________________
2 tablespoons oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
5 cups water
1 (6.2-ounce) package Uncle Ben’s fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
10-ounce (1 1/4 cups) chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken (the already cooked kind from the store)
4-ounces Velveta cheese, cubed
1/2 cup (4-ounces) Cheddar Cheese
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken & mushroom soup
________________________________________
1. Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, and sauté 5 minutes.
2. Add water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.**
3. Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.

**If you use the regular rice instead of fast-cooking, step 2 will take 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

Personally, I like to add more chicken, broccoli, carrots & cheddar cheese than it calls for in the recipe. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oohhhhh Yum that soup sounds delish.....I want some and it's only breakfast time here. I am taking a copy of that recipe as I loooooove soup.....could eat it everyday.

Anonymous said...

WOW --- your head really should be spinning right about now...and YOU should be the one seeing double!! You are one BUSY, BUSY lady!! LOL :)
I hope you get a chance to rest soon (before you fall down).
Thank you for sharing the soup recipe...it sounds great!..and I am always on the lookout for "tried and true" recipes.
Happy cooking...and scrapping...if you can fit anything more into those crazy, jam-packed days!! Hugs :)
Barb, from sunny Manitoba, CANADA

Anonymous said...

This soup sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen...you sure do have your table full...Yikes.....I'd be tearing my hair out by now....Hope you can figure out the prob with your son....That soup sounds delicious.....Thanks for the recipe. We Love soup and have homemade soup at least twice a week in the winter....and I'm with you...in soup....More goodies ARE better....I'm off to check out the challenges...see if the new ones for this month have been posted....Gotta run....Have a Great Day and try to slow down a bit...Hugs enclosed....