Friday, April 11, 2008

MIA

There I went being MIA again. Sorry about that :)

Quick update on Zach (my youngest): His temperature never really dropped from the 99 range on Wednesday and after another restless night it was up to 101.7 Thursday morning. My gut was telling me this had turned into more than just a cold. I went ahead and tried April's suggestion which didn't seem to make a difference with his cough. Thanks for the suggestion though April, I will keep it in mind for next time...although you should have seen Zach's reaction to it - lol - He was fine at first then all of a sudden he scrunched up his face and shivered - lol. So I tried the onion-sugar syrup and I had to admit that it is fine at first but it does have an after bite ;). (Also, thanks Grammadianne for your suggestion of warm milk/honey/lemon/butter...I had tried the warm tea/honey but didn't have lemon in the house. I will keep your idea in my file for next time also!) So I called and got him an appointment to see the doctor yesterday morning and my gut was correct. It has turned into more than just a cold. He was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and the doctor put him on 5-days of a steroid along with continuing the Albuterol...as well as instruction that if the temperature raised any more or the coughing/wheezing got any worse to come back in so they could see if it has turned into pneumonia or an ear infection. Thankfully he seemed to be a tad better last night and actually slept in his own bed for a couple hours without coughing the entire time. Today the coughing wasn't nearly as intense as it has been, and he didn't have a fever most of the day, but the wheezing is still there and has changed sounds a bit...so we will have to keep an eye on that. Now if Zach comes through this without it changing to pneumonia, and Drew and I get through this (yep, we have both caught it) without it settling too much in either of our chests, I will be VERY happy :)

I have very much to be thankful for in my life right now too! We did not end up getting all the rain and dangerous weather in our area like they were calling for on Wednesday night/Thursday. It did rain pretty well over night and there was some flooding in our area (thanks to ground that was already over saturated), but our basement didn't flood again and it has pretty well gone down in our town. South of us has not been so lucky. Down in Branson they have had to open up the flood gates at Table Rock Dam to release the record level high water... (photo taken from Branson Daily News) and of course this has caused major flooding down stream. When you talk to people that have lived here in the Ozarks their whole life, all they say is that they have never seen it like this...and they are right since it is setting all sorts of records. Please keep all of these people affected by the flooding in your thoughts and prayers!

I really hope that you will all be back for next week!! You shouldn't have to put up with my lack of blog then since the wonderfully talented Pamela Yates will be your hostess here. I had the chance to work with Pammy in the TSG Design 101 mentoring class earlier this year and I really looks forward to getting to know more about this sweet lady during the next week.

Before I go for the evening, I would like to give a small peace offering to apologize once again for pretty much abandoning you all this week...and a thank you for being so understanding about it. It is nothing big, but I hope you will be able to use these two SticKits I created using the beautiful TSG April Mega Kit "Spring Sorbet" Grab these 2 SticKits HERE (Sorry, this link has expired)

Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Saturday!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry about being MIA this week. Real life always comes first. thank you for the stickits

Sharon-shutterbug said...

These are lovely, thanks. Hope your little guy starts feeling better really soon! My youngest is the same age, and I just hate it when they are sick but can't tell you exactly what's wrong. :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the stickits and I hope your son is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad to hear you finally got the correct diagnosis..childhood illnessescan be such a drag.....At least now you will see if the meds help....Good Luck Hon and for sure don't worry about being MIA....We all understand....Thank U for the Great stickits...Hugs Dear....

Kim said...

Thanks Jen for both your time and the stickits! I know how hard it is to even think of other things when our little ones are sick and that is where your thoughts and energy should be - then to get it yourself makes things even harder. Please take care of yourself and your family, we will get by :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the goodies ... thanks so much. WIth so much illness on your plate, you should not be worrying about us or blogging or freebies. I pray that your son will continue to improve and you and your husband are feeling better quickly!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Will put you all in my prayers!!!!
TY so very much for these lovely QP's!!!!!!

Robbi and Mike said...

Oh My - that nasty old cold! Glad to hear the meds are helping. DH got that misserable cold in his chest and I got out the good old Vicks and put it on his back and chest, it was a nasty week of Hacking and praying it didnt go into pneumonia - I got it too, but milder! As everyone has said, your family comes first, dont worry about us, we arent goin anywhere. Glad the bad rain passed you too! Hugs and feel better :)

jburkhart said...

Thanks for the beautiful stickit! I will enjoy using them! Hugs!
Michaele

Kopperhead said...

These are so pretty. Thank you!