Monday, November 19, 2007

Here we are yet another day

Time is really going by fast. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Today I will have to take my son to the doctor as he had a temperature of 103.8 yesterday and his tonsils are 10 times the size as they should be. I know I had problem with my tonsils and ended up having them out, I hope he is not going to have problems like that too. I have 3 sons aged 8 1/2, 6 and 2 1/2. It is my 6 year old who is sick right now. He is going to enjoy a day off school I am sure! My 8 year old has lots of troubles, he has ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity) and ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) He needs Ritalin but we are trying not to put him on meds just yet. It's been 5 1/2 years since we started to have problems with him and unfortunatly things are just going from bad to worse and I fear it will be very soon when we start the Ritalin. My second son, also has ADD but thankfully that's all he as, no hyperactivity or ODD which is just as well becuase belive me one with this is quite enough!! My third son is well into his 'terrible twos' and so life in my house is ........ well I just can't put words like that on a blog!!!

Look out for a freebie from me tomorrow, Depending on how quickly things go at the doctors tomorrow, I might just have a surprise!!!

~ Kristina

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure hope that your son with the swollen tonsils is feeling better very soon. I had chronic tonsilitis as a toddler and can recall the pain even now (and I'm a grandma now!).
And related to your son with ADHD, my oldest grandson has that and did very very well on meds and in a private school with smaller classes. Now he is a teen, off meds, in public schools and doing GREAT! There is hope. :-)

Caroline said...

I hope your son feels better soon. Not fun, having sick kids. My son has just been diagnosed with ADD (only, fortunately) but is in a private school which is helping. BUt I am worried about next year when he goes to high school and it's a public school. If we werent always worrying about our children though, what would we do :)

Unknown said...

I hope your son feels better soon.

Cher said...

Kris - so sorry - just hang in - you have no choice, right?! that is what i do - fight lupus every single day - and it is nasty - i just don't get why we get these diseases - i feel like i must have been horrible to someone - but i know that is not right - you just go in to survival mode, right?! will come see what has happened tomorrow nite - just hang in - ii am - you, too, k? hugs - cher