Thursday, November 1, 2007

Remember ...

Remember that mental health day I needed? Well today is the day. No, I didn't call in sick. I arranged it with the partners since it's going to be so tough to take days between now and the end of the year off. I was supposed to be off next Thursday and Friday to be home with Ollie (teacher's convention days off school)... but the one partner is going on a business trip on Friday so I only get Thursday off. They agreed to let me have today instead of next Friday. Soooooo the task of the day?????? CLEAN MY HOUSE! Yeah, not much of a mental health day off, but you have no idea how much better my mental health would be if I could get things in order around here. It's out of control with the business of the hockey season. I'll put on some music and clean up around here. Don't laugh at the thought of me dancing through cleaning the bathroom, dancing while vacuuming and singing at the top of my lungs while dusting and straightening. How about doing the twist while mopping? Listen, housework is only fun if you make it fun (well as fun as you can make housework).


What do you do to make chores seem less like chores? What gives you peace of mind and mental health?


Not that I want to spend the WHOLE day doing chores. I'd like to sneak in some design time or maybe just some scrap time for me. Who knows... the day awaits and my life is anything but predictable.


I hope you are all planning to join in my Box of Dreams crop tonight. I might be a little late (parents hockey meeting for the high school), but my Dream Team has all the details, links, etc. and will hold down the fort and chat away with everyone until I get there. You can see details in the forum or my blog. Fun thing about my crops is that I pair them with weekly challenges and it's a great way to earn a mini kit each month.


Speaking of kits, what kind of kits are you ladies looking for? Sometimes designers need to know what you guys want... right? What kind of elements do you love most? What kind of elements or papers are a must have in every kit?


Here are two recent kits that are a little different for me. They are more color based than theme or season based. Both were colors I just started playing with and the next thing I knew a kit was evolving.


Blue Tranquility





Avocado Spice





Here is a gift for you today:

Sorry, this link has expired.


Now off to accomplish some things. Wish me luck on my projects. Enjoy Life .... you only get to go around once!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new goodie to Spooky Dreams!
I love that Blue Tranquility ... gorgeous colors. I'm one for color themes a bit more than anything else, and I love blues/greens/teals/aqua and metallics.
And for a theme goodie, you can always get my attention with a kitty theme! I am a cat lover and so are all my kids & grandkids.

Evan's Eclipse said...

I love the colors of the Avocado Spice kit! I really go for colors in a kit, not necessarily all the buttons/ribbons but if the colors strike me.

Michelle said...

Thank you very much!!! Avocado Spice looks beautiful!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good luck in getting all your cleaning done!!!
TY so very much for day 5!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing another part to Spooky Dreams.