Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday

Tuesday night at our house is Movie night. Tonight on the line up is "I know who killed me", "The Invisible" and of course "Hairspray". A little known fact about me is that I am a musical junkie. My favorite movie of all time is Grease, but I love all musicals and My Fair Lady comes in a close second for me.

I don't know where this passion for singing movies started but it goes back as far as I can remember, and because of it, I also have a fondness for theater. When i was a teenager my mother would take me once a month to the local actors guild productions called TAG (Tacoma Actor's Guild). I was enthralled with the characters, the acting, the whole process. In Tacoma we had a large theater called The Pantages and it was so beautiful. As a child I danced in the Nutcracker production there. As much as I loved ballet, I never knew that I would love theater even more.

Now, my daughter Ragan is dancing and I understand her thrill and excitement of getting on that big old stage. I hope that even if she doesn't continue her dance career that she will always keep the love of the stage in her heart. She already is a musical lover like her Mommy. When she was in the hospital she must have watched "Annie" about 5 times a day! The hospital playroom is kept stocked with hundreds of movies to keep children occupied.

Some of you may know that Ragan had cancer and is now in remission. We have been working with her to help her see what a blessing all the people in our lives are and how they made such a big difference while we were going through this ordeal. She decided that she wanted to help her friends on the cancer ward at the children's hospital by making bracelets and selling them and donating the money to the playroom fund. So far this year she has donated $573.23! Not bad for a 4 year old :) I am so happy to have such generous and loving children, but they learned it by example from all the generous and caring people that helped us through our difficult times. So I guess my point is, when you give of yourself, it does make a difference. Remember that the next time an opportunity comes around to do something charitable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh Michelle...Ragan has a heart bigger than she is....What a Beautiful Child....And.....I was so glad to hear that "Grease" is your Fav...musical...Mine too dear...Someone should make a kit called Grease with all the little greaser things in it....Wouldn't that be terrific....Of course I don't have any pix of me from that era...Wish I did...Have a Great Day and give that little Darlin' a smooch for me.....

Unknown said...

wow way to go Ragan. That is so sweet of her, so selfless. We all should take a lesson from Ragan.

Jen said...

I'm a musical lover too! I actually have "Hairspray" from Blockbuster on-line waiting for me when I get a chance to watch it. I once spent an entire Christmas vacation watching Sound of Music over and over again. Dorky, I know :) I also love the theatre...watching and being involved (behind the scene though).

What a sweet, sweet little girl you have! That is OUTSTANDING what she has raised so far!! I would love to see some pictures of her bracelets if you get a chance.