Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIF

Honestly, TGIF means nothing to me, because I stay home with my children. There is never a last day of work lol. The only reason I like Friday is that it means my husband will be home for 2 days to help with them! :) He's such a sweet man. He came home this morning before school started to bring us doughnuts for breakfast. He knows me so well lol.

Something that not a lot of people know is that I am a terrible insomniac, and have been all of my adult life. My usual bedtime is somewhere between 3am and 5 am, then I get up with the kids at 7am to get them breakfast and ready for school. I am a really tired cranky person LOL :) I've tried all of the over the counter sleep aids and they either don't work, or the one that does work for me I am mildly allergic to and break out in little bumps all over my face and neck. Very attractive lol. Occasionally I stay up for 48 hours at a time just so that the next evening I will be so tired that I can sleep at a normal hour. No matter how much sleep I get, I just have no energy. I am using this as my excuse as to why I can't exercise lol.

I have not been "skinny" since my early 20's, but in the past 2 years my weight has ballooned to a very uncomfortable high. I know how I got this fat, I just can't seem to get the motivation to do anything about it. All you ladies out there with the willpower and motivation to lose weight, where does it come from? How are you staying on course? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

5 comments:

Photo Scraps Store said...

I wish I knew how to lose weight too. I have enjoyed reading your posts this week.

Ragan's bracelets are very pretty. I can see how she has raised so much money selling them.

The insomnia thing has to be horrible. If I don't get about 6 hours, I get very cranky. Good luck with that.

Robbi and Mike said...

Gosh, I wish I had some ideas to offer...but I'm in the same boat as far as the weight gain and lack of exercise goes...My new years resolution is to eat better and exercise more...hope that will help...Been a great week getting to know a little more about you too...Happy Holidays !

Cher said...

I am convinced, my sweets, that you may suffer from fibromyalgia - we do not get rem sleep - among many other things - when was the last time you saw your Doc? Do you have soft tissue pain? My fave is the "hard muscle" part below your elbow - depress it - does it hurt??? You are a prime candidate - as I later have unfortunately been diagnosed with several forms of arthritis and an awful neuropathy and the nightmare - LUPUS...I ask all females to be aware - go on line - learn - after all these dx's in the early 90's - I am 48, enjoy cooking, and sleep sitting up - no joke! So - I beg you to please seek a Doctor's advice - they just delivered my electru=ic wheelchair and a do-everything recliner-2 remote controls...not happy - won dirty dancing contest (and this tells us what?!) and was married several times - so active before this happened!

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen I can't believe how pretty this kit is. It is really awesome, my kind of style. I love it, and will be useing it a lot. Thanks so much for this fabulous kit.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen I can't believe how pretty this kit is. It is really awesome, my kind of style. I love it, and will be useing it a lot. Thanks so much for this fabulous kit.