Friday, February 8, 2008

Are We Through The Woods Yet?

I hope so, John was so sick last night with his fever he was crying. He never cries. It truely broke my heart. Dean and I both sat in his room with him almost the whole evening. I put cool towels on his forhead. I remember my mother doing that when I had a really hight fever. That combined with some Tylenol did the trick. His fever broke. He still was dellerious (sp?) and in and out of consiousness. His fever was 102 degrees. We finally got him asleep. So he slept almost the whole day yesterday and then from about 6:00PM on until about 5:00AM Pacific Time. I was surprised he slept so long. I went to bed early because I thought for sure he would wake up in the middle of the night.

His fever is gone now but he is still wanting to stay lying down which I think is the best thing for him. I pray this is the end of this virus's hold on him. It is super scary when it just rears its ugly head again and worse the second time.

Dean brought John home a birthday present last night and John didnt want anything to do with it.

On another note My Chocolate Silk Add-On did not make it into the store for some reason. I am sure they were overwhelmed with new kits because we have so many new designers on board now. Hopefully look for it on Tuesday. My new Valentine's Kit is in the store now so that is the important thing since Valentines is right around the corner!

I am working on another Valentine element pack. Hopefully I will have it done in time. If not I will pack it up for next year. I might put it in the store anyway. It is Vintage Valentine Collages to add to your layouts. I may make a paper pack to go with it I am not sure. We will see what the Scrap Fairy has in mind for me!

A little more about myself. I know I mentioned briefly about having a Crafts Classroom at a local Craft Store here in Port Orchard. It was fun. I was there for 1 and 1/2 years. It was a pretty large classroom in the back of the store. I taught all kinds of crafts there. I also paint so I taught Toll Painting along with Onestroke Painting. I also taught regulare Acrylic painting where we did landscapes and such. I had a 9 year old girl that was almost better than me. She was such a sweet girl too. I taught Beading and Kidz Crafts, Floral Design, Crochet, Broomstick lace and Pin Lace. It was a lot of fun. I met some real interesting people along the way also. In lieu of a very, very reasonable rent I also helped in the store. I learned a lot. It is hard work running a craft store much less a family owned craft store. You just cannot compete with Michaels or Joanns. People now days with spend the money they can save in gas to buy the cheaper item. That never made sense to me. We really were not that much more expensive. Maybe 50 - 75 cents more. They would spend more than that just to drive to the craft stores up north in Silverdale which is about 20 miles from here. Go figure? Anyway, there were two reasons why I closed up shop. Not enough people actually signed up for class. I had lots of interest but when it really came down to it not enough people actually came. I also was diagnosised with Fibromyalgia and we were having a horrible time controlling my pain. It was almost intolerable. Some days I just wanted to die. That wouldnt happen so I would just curl up in a ball and cry all day. I think it was the stress of wondering if I could pay my rent or not. It has been 7 months since I closed shop and my pain is mostly undercontrol. I still have some bad days but they are not anything like in the beginning. It is still hard to digest that I will have this disease for the rest of my life. I am only 46 which is young by todays standards and I live in an old ladies body! God does everything for a reason so I am just waiting for the reason why I have this to be revealed. Until then I just take it one day at a time and do what I can do on that day.

Well, I bet you are chomping at the bit for your next piece of the pie. Well you need to wait a little longer I have a few things I would like to share with you first.

I did a layout yesterday with my Chocolate Silk Add - On here it is

Photobucket

Here is a really good recipe for you too. I used a kit from Linda Cumberland which is no longer available.

Photobucket I think you will enjoy the recipe though. It is one of my Mother's Recipes.

Okay, Okay I know I made you wait long enough. Here is the link for your next portion of the kit. It is the last. But still come back tomorrow I will have another gift for you and Im not telling what it is! You will just have to come back and see.

Photobucket

Here is your Link: Sorry, this link has expired

Thanks for your wonderful comments yesterday and I look forward to hearing from you today so leave a comment even if it is just to say hi.

Have a wonderful day and I will talk to you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Robbi and Mike said...

So glad JP is feeling better = ahhh it was the virus,poor baby!
April, I cant seem to get your recipe large enough to be able to read it - Any way you could make it a bit bigger. or pm it to me, it sounds wonderful! Sorry your Valentines kit didnt make it to the store - next week should be plent of time before the "day"

Hope you have a good weekend. And thanks for the new pieces of FH&C

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Sleep is the best thing & plenty of liquids such as jello & freeze pops were always great for my sons when they didn't want to drink!!!
Hope the worse is over now!!!!
TY so very much for the final AWESOME part!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's feeling better today. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool about your craft classes. Glad to hear JP is doing better. Now you get some rest too. Hugs, Lynn R

Sharon-shutterbug said...

It's always a scary thing when your kids are really sick, isn't it. Hope you're past all the uckiness now! Thanks for the gift.

Cher said...

Sweetness - I am so sorry - I, too, have fibro AND lupus and degen bone disease and mixed connective tissue disase - is aa nightmare - I hope we can chat sometime - I have had this since '91 was 32 then - am 48 now - have found lots of things to help - and a wonderful yahoo group - give me a yell - cmoynihan001@austin.rr.com - and I promise I will give you hope, k?! Gentle hugs~Cher~Austin, YX

Anonymous said...

ty so much for your generosity. I hope your boy gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you it was worth the wait