Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day

Even though we have an extra day this year... time is still going by real fast. It's going to March tomorrow... Spring is coming...



I just came home from taking pictures at the school this morning for the yearbook. Every Friday is spirit day and the kids wear their spirit shirts, but the last friday of the month they can wear a college shirt. While I was taking pictures of the students in their spirit wear a mom came up to me and asked if I have a business card. I told her I didn't have one for doing the yearbook and then she asked, "Aren't you a professional photographer? I see you taking pictures all the time, you don't do weddings and special functions?" I responded, "I wish I was a professional photographer. I'm just a professional mom taking pictures for the yearbook" Perhaps the big SLR camera around my neck while using the small compact camera made me look like a professional. Well a professional wouldn't bring the SLR without a memory disk. I forgot I downloaded pictures last night and didn't take out the card out of the computer and back into my camera. Good thing I carry my compact camera in my purse all the time. The students are also doing a Read-A-Thon all day today, so the students brought pillows, blankets, and younger students brought teddy bears, etc. So I stopped by my son's classroom and took pictures. They were so cute.

So now I'm back home and getting ready to go into work mode until the boys come home. We have to clean up today because tomorrow some licensed drivers (family and friends)are coming to help out on my son's science project. We have the livingroom set up with the steering wheel and pedals, a widescreen monitor, and a cell phone. They will be bus drivers with the task of picking up passengers and taking them to the airport. There are 3 bus stops that the driver needs to stop at. After the 1st bus stop, the driver needs to call someone (my older son, patiently waiting in my bedroom and is a great conversationalist) and they will have a conversation while the driver continues to pick up the rest of the people. You get points for using the blinkers, make smooth stops, stopping at a light etc... points are taken off if you don't do these of course. It's funny when you brake too hard, the passengers scream and become unhappy. If they are unhappy, you lose points too.


Just to let you know tomorrow will start my celebration sale 39-50% off most of my kits ($4.00 and up) and many kits are retiring and will be found in the clearance patch. If you purchase $10 worth of my kits in a single invoice, you will get Celebration free. Celebration coordinates with Funky Fresh. My husband told me that he's taking me out to lunch next Wednesday for my birthday. His birthday is the following day. When we were dating, we used to go to Denny's when they would give a free meal to you on your birthday. We would go around 11pm and we would show our driver's licenses. 98% of the time we got both meals free. We haven't gone since the boys were born.


Sharon-Shutterbug, the reason why I have so many freebies is because I make so many papers and elements for a certain color scheme. I end up making a kit with over 200 pieces, so of course in the end I will have 2-3 coordinating kits for a month. My coordinating sets are Splash, Retro, Artistically Colorful & Alpha Pack and then there's Passion, Overflowing Heart, Dreamy Days and Rugged Charm and my last coordinating set would be Funky Fresh and Celebration.



Dreamy Days is not in the store yet as it is half of the March Club Kit starting on the 15th. Rugged Charm is a store promotion kit you will get free if you purchase a certain amount... I forget, but check back tomorrow..lol. Celebration is my own promotional kit that starts tomorrow, if you purchase $10 worth of my kits on a single invoice you'll get Celebration free.


Here are your FREEBIES (Sorry, this link has expired). Enjoy!
These coordinate with all the other freebies given this week and my other kits. Now I've got to get into work mode. I just scanned over 70 baby pictures of the 6th graders and three 6th grade teachers. I now have to somehow fit them on a two page spread.
Happy Friday and big hugs!
Lynn

5 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Sounds like your going to have a ball & learning experiment too!!!!
TY so very much for another FAB goody!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Pammy said...

I'm glad I checked the blog tonight, Lynn! Talking about forgetting your memory card made me remember I had to plug my camera in! Katie had a choir concert last night and has a swimming party for her birthday tomorrow (her birthday's on Sunday).
That driving dealy-bob sounds like fun! Are you trying to show that it's not good to use cel phones while driving?
What was that, 76 photos you have to fit on 2 pages?? Have fun! LOL Be sure to save a template of it in case you need something like that again! I'll stick with the little CD stickits for now. :D

Anonymous said...

Your kids look awesome, and I'm sure the yearbook ends up looking really cute. Your school is very lucky to have you helping out!

Lois B said...

Wish I had waited to purchased the Funky Fresh Kit - I purchased it yesterday. I am sure I would have found another $5 worth of items to purchase in order to get the free Celebration kit. Oh well, I guess sometimes it is better not to be so quick.

I do love the Funky Fresh kit - so many possibilities for using it.

Maybe you can share the template you land up with for all those photos for the yearbook. Sounds like it will be wonderful and what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lynn....Loved the story about forgetting the memory card in your camera....I have discovered that I need toi have an extra and leave it in my purse....I have just done that too often and missed soooo many great photo Ops because of it....Hey that Science project of your sons sounds soooo neat...By the Way sweets...The Funky Fresh Kit is Fab...Can't wait to get scrappin'....of course you know that my grandson will fit into the mesh somewhere..LOL...Gotta run...today is my other grandsons B-day and I will be gone most of the day.....Then there is that darned share the puter thing...LOL...Hope to get a whole round of new pix...and yep ...I Have that spare memory card in my purse...now all I have to do is remember to take my purse....Sending some Luv dear....Grammadiane