Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I totally forgot about Monday!!!

Hi there! I forgot to post yesterday, it just dawned on me tonight(Tuesday). My Mom, who is in a nursing facility recovering from a hip fracture, was knocked out of her wheelchair by another lady in a wheelchair who grabbed onto my mom's chair to keep from falling out of her own. So Mama hit the floor with the chair on top of her, since she is restrained to keep her from getting up and breaking something else. Thankfully she didn't break anything, but it scared us all, as well as the staff, out of our wits! So I didn't even think about the blog until just a little while ago.
So I will try to post a freebie tomorrow to make up for it!

I hope all of you have had better days than mine. On top of the wheelchair accident, I had to drive to our state capitol to host a meeting that' s been in the works for months. I intended to stay over tonight after it was over, but drove back home to check on my Mom. So I'm tired and cranky (lol) and want to go to bed! Oh, and my dh met me at the door when I got home wanting to know if I was cooking dinner, since I came home. And I said, POLITELY!!!, no, dear, if you want to eat you will have to get takeout or cook it yourself! I REALLY was polite about it, and he got the message - so we had pizza for dinner!

So, enough of the complaints! I'm gonna go now and work on your freebie for tomorrow! Hopefully I will do a better post plus have a pretty for you to download. See ya then!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! It sounds like a pretty rough day indeed!! What a scare with your Mom...I am glad to hear she wasn't hurt, but as you said, it must have been quite a shock to her...to everyone around, as well as to you! As for your DH, men can really be odd ducks sometimes can't they??...LOL! Imagine thinking you would cook dinner on the spot...after all that happened today! I am glad that you took care of yourself...and I am sure pizza was just fine for everyone after the day you had. Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel less stressed and tired (and grumpy...LOL) tomorrow. Gosh, missing a blog entry is not all that important in the grand scheme of things -- family and well-being are priority! Smiles and Hugs :)
Barb, from sunny (but very COLD right now) Manitoba, CANADA

Jen said...

Do NOT worry about not blogging on Monday!! You had more than enough on your plate, and your family and yourself MUST come first!!! I am so glad to hear that your mom didn't break anything else with the fall. How scary! Why do men seem to be so clueless sometimes?! I could see my hubby doing the same thing. Good for you on letting him know you wouldn't be after the day you had. Hope your day goes better today. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie....You know the saying...when the going gets tough.....Sorry to hear about your Mom but glad she ended up okay...And your DH.....What a Shlup...sometimes men can really be totally insensitive...Hope your stress level gets to an even keel Dear Heart....& missing Mondays blog entry is totally understandable and no big deal...We all understand that sometimes real life is more important....and right now you need to settle in and rest Dear Heart...We Wuv U Beary much and wish you a Much Better tomorrow....Will a few Hugs Help ?? I'm sending some !!

Sharon Kay said...

I'm glad your mom didn't break anything...but still a scare.

Mine wouldn't even think of asking me if I was going to cook dinner after a day like that!!! Goodness! Glad you handled it well. ;-)

Worry about family FIRST! 8-)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, but how great that she wasnt hurt! get some sleep and relax, you have earnt it :)