Sunday, February 3, 2008

Well, Hello! I am finally here. Jen will have my picture up soon. At least then you will know who you are talking to.

My name is April Sevigny and I hail from Port Orchard in Washington State. I am a native Californian. I was born and rasied there. I was born in Lynnwood CA when Lynnwood was a good town! lol I have two boys: Marc who is 24 years old. He is in the navy and getting ready to transfer off of a Fast Frigate in Hawaii to Balboa Hospital in San Diego CA. I also have a son who is 19 years old. He has downsyndrome and is severly impacted. He is non-verbal and is cognitively around about 5 or 6. He is our angel, our light in the darkness. We love him more than God made words. He goes everywhere with us. Then there is my wonderful DH! His name is Dean and we have been married for 19 years. He has been with me through thick and thin never wavering. He is very supportive of me and my endevours.

I started paper scrapping about fifteen years ago. When there was nothing but stickers and rulers and sissors. It was hard and overwhelming back then. You had to be really creative. In the past few years I had a Craft Studio in a local family operated Craft Store. I taught Scrapbooking, Altered Art and many other kinds of Crafts. Last June I had to leave due to a chronic pain disorder. I just never knew when I woke up if I would be okay or not. Just before I left I picked up a Magizine. It was a new Craft Magizine and I just wanted to check it out. That Magizine was Digital Scrapbooking. As I looked through it I found an article for The Scrapping Garden. I checked it out. Liked it and stayed. Digital Scrapping seems to be a natural progression for me. Then designing. This will work well for me since I can work at home my own hours and be happy doing what I do.

I am very excited to be designing for The Scrapping Garden and thankful and grateful for the opportunity they have given me through their Mentoring Program. I will be forever grateful.

Well, that is an awful lot for today so I will stop for now.

Look below for the link to your freebie.

Photobucket

The link is DISABLED

See you all tomorrow!

7 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Welcome & TY so very much for your intro!!!!
TY so very much for the 1st lovely part!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, what a pretty kit! Very nice to meet you!
virginiajen

Michelle said...

Welcome! Thank you for the lovely kit!!

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Sounds like you have a family to be most proud of! Thanks for sharing about them, and for the freebie as well.

Anonymous said...

I know so much more about you already! Thanks for sharing and for the part to your wonderful kit!

Unknown said...

Hi April
Nice to met you and welcome to the scrapping garden. I hope you enjoy it here. Thank you very much for the freebie

Robbi and Mike said...

Awww, April this is a gorgeous kit. Thank you for the gift and it is nice to get to know you a little better, even tho I frequent your blog good to see you here hosting this weeks blog! Looking forward to completing the mini kit, its beautiful!