Monday, February 4, 2008

Intro Crop Went Great More than 30 There!

I hope you all do not mind that I am blogging early tonight. I have had such a long day and now I am so tired. Plus I did not sleep well because John slept with me last nite and that is always hard on me. My DH and I do not sleep together any more because I have insomnia a lot and
keep him awake a lot and he snores so LOUD!!! I have never heard anyone snore as loud as he does. I wear 30decibal earplugs and it is still too loud!! Amazing. Anyway, John slept with me and insisted that I hold his hand all night. Needless to say my left shoulder is frozen in PAIN. I have Fibromyalgia so I am sure that is why it hurts so bad it has flared my Fibro up. In a few days it will be better. I am really more concerned about John Paul. I had the Intro Crop tonight(Thank you everyone for coming!! It was so great to have over 30 people there!!) so Dean took JP to the ER. Couldnt get a DRS apt for him at all today. I havent heard back yet and they have been gone quite a while. I hope it is because they are busy not because he is that ill. He has really only been this ill a couple of times before one time he was hospitalized.

I really enjoyed the Crop Tonight. I have been to a lot of chats but never thought I would be helping leading one. Oh My Gosh!! Things were flying in there. So many people. It was nice to see everyone and to get to know some of you newbies to TSG.

Thank you everyone for your comments. They are so awesome and so supportive. It is hard in the beginning. I am feeling so overwhelmed by it all and you have made me feel that maybe I can do this designing thing and be okay with it. Please let your friends know that they can come and pick up this kit. There are several more days or it will be in the store hopefully the end of next week.

What do you all think? Should I make an add-on to this kit? I sure would like to it would be fun. I have gotten a couple of suggestions for what I should put in it. What would you like to see in it. Let me know. If I get enough response this week I will make an add-on. I havent really seen to many Faith based kits out there so it would be nice for me to make on. These colors are so delish too.

SweetHeaven asked me a question today:

What mad you decide to sell your kits and why TSG? Well, as I stated in Sundays Blog I have only been digi scrapping since May of last year. I am always interested in new Craft Magizines and had only just recently heard of digi scrapping. I saw the new magizine Digital Scrapping and picked it up to check it out. I had never used Photoshop before except to touch up my photos so I was really intrigued. My DH Dean was a photographer in the Navy so he is sort of a part time Professional Photographer. So when he found out that I was interested in checking out digi scrapping he was all for it. (He also wanted me to get rid of all the scrapbooking mess I have downstairs in the basement too). Men they always have alterior motives dont they? LOL
He purchased Elements 5 for me and off I went. I found an ad that month in the Magizine for The Scrapping Garden and decided to check it out. Well, once I found out how wonderful everyone is here I decided to stick around. Then a few months later my DH purchased CS3. I was so excited!! I went to Atomic Cupcake another ad I saw yes ads do work. Picked up some actions and started tinkering around with some designing. Shortly after this there was the Call for the Mentoring Program. I sent in my application and waited. Two long grueling months I waited. I was accepted. I wanted to design and sell to pay for my habit. I have always wanted to share my creativity with others. I paint and also do bead weaving (off loom) so I have always been creative in on way or another. It just seemed like a natural progression. I have always sold some of my work because after awhile you have too much. At the present time TSG is the perfect place for me to spread my wings. I have never met a more wonderful bunch of supporting women in my life. You can Bloom wher you are Planted Here!

Okay that was long winded but it was an answer. I promise if anyone else asks a question I wont ramble on so much. When I was a lot younger I used to write prose so that is what I ramble on so. I am sorry if I bent your ear too much.

For some of you newer ladies you havent seen some of my digital work from when I first started. If you just started digi scrapping it may inspire you to continue because it isnt that great! lol But nonetheless I wanted to share it with you. So here are a few layouts for you

Photobucket

This is a layout of me when I was Jr High School (or Middle School) age. I did this layout when I was on Beth Kern's CT Team. So this kit is hers.

Photobucket This layout I did when I was on Linda Cumberland's CT Team. The kit I used is call About a Man and you can find it in her Store at http://www.scrappinggarden.com/ . I so enjoyed working with Linda. She is one of the first friends I made at The Scrapping Garden. Now I feel I have many.

Last but certainly not least I wanted to show you a layout made from my Chocolate Slik Lil Bud Kit that is coming out tommorrow and the add-on kit will hopefully be out sometime next week. With JP sick I just did not have time to get it in to go into the store tomorrow.

Photobucket My DH took this picture at the Aquariam at Sea World in San Diego. These are Giant Sea Anenomes and there is a small Clown fish in the Back. Yeay, there is Nemo!!!

Okay, last thing and then I will let you go. Here is the preview again of my Lil Bud Kit

Photobucket

I hope you will check it out tomorrow in the store and pick it up if you do not have it already. The add-on will be coming out shortly which will make this one great kit to have!!!

I know this has been long and I sure appreciate you sticking it out until the end and reading all of my blabber. Dean still isnt home with John so I dont know if he is alright or not.

SweetHeaven also asked for my regular blog address so here it is and I do normally have a Friday Freebie there though I will not this week because I am blogging here.

http://www.divasdesignscustomscrapbooks.blogspot.com/

Anyway here is the link for your thrid piece of your kit:
Sorry this link has expired.

Thank you for stopping by today! I so appreciate you support and your comments! It would be great if you would leave me some more love and I will post later if I know anymore about how John is doing! Remember to post to my gallery with the bragbook stickits that I gave for freebies at the crop when you use them or my kits I would love to see what you do with them.
Thanks again for stopping by.

13 comments:

Josie said...

You do beautiful work and thanks a lot for sharing this freebie with us. I am not complaining but was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the links? I couldn't get link 1 the other day and #2 worked fine but #3 is the same as #1 for me. It won't work.

Jen said...

Josie - the links were working fine the other days (I try and check them), but there was a little problem with this one. All fixed and working fine now :) Since it is 12:27am EST Tues morning now, this link will stay up til at least that time Wed AM.

Jen said...

April - Hope you get good news about JP! Will be praying that he is all better soon. I have been up with my youngest (who is 17 months) the last 3 nights with him coughing like crazy,runny nose, and a fever he just can't seem to shake(102 range usually but up to 104 one night). Thank you once again for another piece to your gorgeous kit! And thanks for taking time out of your very busy schedule to let us get to know you better.

Anonymous said...

Hi again! I guess while I was typing my comment, the issue was resolved...because when I clicked on "publish", I could see the other two comments. Jen said the link was working again, so I tried it and I got Part 3 no problem. YAY!! Sorry to bother you. Thank you again for the beautiful kit!!
Barb (FairyDust)

Jen said...

Message from Barb (had to just copy this part of it since she requested her address not be posted):
Your freebie kit is really beautiful and I am sure that I will find many uses for it!! :)

However, I have tried several times to download the third part and it keeps saying it can't find the page. The link for the 2nd part is still working for me, so I am not sure where the problem lies..? Would you please help me...I would really be disappointed to miss part of this beautiful kit.

By the way, I love the "Charity" layout you did -- very pretty! I hope your son is home and feeling better. :) Take care.

Barb (FairyDust)

Lois B said...

I hope that you have had news about JP by now and that the news is good. My prayers are with you and JP.

Thank you for this beautiful kit - it is really wonderful. I am so sorry I wasn't able to get to the crop last night. I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep shortly after dinner and didn't wake up till midnight! I love BB so am sorry I missed those as well.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful kit.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dear....I sure hope that John gets better soon...It seems as though downs children realy can be soooo demanding when they aren't feeling well....Sorry I didn't make it to the crop even though i soooo wanted to attend....It was hubby's turn on thew puter..I have to share with hubby and my son....Bummer but thats the way it is...thats why I miss sooo many crops and chats...BTW I too have a hubby that snores so loud they can hear them in the next county...Thank You for the wondeful Gifts...Gotta run Sweetie....Take care and I'll keep JP in my prayers that he gets better real soon....

Robbi and Mike said...

Hi April. Praying you now have good news and JP is feeling much better now.
The crop was fun last nite - So many people there - Wonderful. I kinda got lost, it moves so quickly sometimes. Wonderful Crop Gifts and hope to get some time to use them soon. Big Hugs and keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen for fixing the problem with the links. You rawk girl!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Read your early post & glad that its just a virus but it can make anyone feel horriable!!
TY so very much for DL #3!!!!

grammy201 said...

Thank you very much for part 3 to this lovely kit. Happy to read that John is doing a little better and slept through the night. It's a good thing he went to the er and was checked out. I'm sure the fluids they gave him to rehydrate will help. Hope he feels all better real soon!
(((hugs)))

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Thanks so much for sharing; hope John Paul is feeling much better now!

Anonymous said...

Good news about your son. I hope you both sleep better tonight! I was in the chat last night, my first ever and it sure did fly! Wow!! Anyway, thanks for the freebie!
virginiajen