Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Valentine's Day is on it's Way!

Got John's fever to break a few times today. The second time it has taken(see me crossing my fingers) I hope. His temp is still normal. I got some over the counter meds for him and they seem to be doing the trick. He slept most of the day which as we know is the very best for him. He was up for over an hour this evening and was a little grumpy which I hope means he is beginning to feel a little better. He drank more today then he did yesterday. I have been telling him that we will have to go back to the hospital and the Dr. will poke his arm again if he doesn't drink. It helped some. I tricked him one time which probably isnt too nice but I wanted liquid in him. I told him to open his mouth and I stuck the straw in there and squeezed the juice bag and down it went, whether he wanted it or not. Of course I got the most wicked look you could ever imagine. I am just so worried about him getting dehydrated again. I am sure we are over the worst of it by now.

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I still dont know what I am going to do for my dh. I think I might cook a very, very nice dinner and get him something he has really wanted. I just need to put on my thinking cap to remember what it is! lol

Coming soon, Hopefully Friday my Valentine's Kit will be coming out. I wanted to do something fun and Whimsical. Something that you could use to show off your kids, babies, maybe use it for Mother's Day or Grandma's day. I included some pockets that go across the whole page so you even could scan your valentines and place them in the pocket or print it out and make a pocket out of it that way. It has 52 pieces in it and that number includes 17 papers. I still used my grungy style I like so I hope that you like it. Here is a preview. You are the first people to see it. I wont get a chance to submit it until tomorrow:

Photobucket and:

Photobucket Let me know what you think of it! I think it came out kind of cute. It is packed full of fun! It reminds me of the fun I used to have when I was a kid. I used to love the parties we had at school. We used to exchange cards with one another. They used to send down Vanilla Icecream Cups and Very Red Fruit Punch from the Cafeteria. I remember taking my Valentines home and showing my mom all of the Valentines I got. I think I still have some of them somewhere. I will have to look it would be fun to post some of them on the Gallery.

Those of you who made the Chat on Monday, wasnt that a blast. There were so many people there. Things were flying so fast I got dizzy. It did give me a warm fuzzy that so many people came to see me as a new designer. I am also proud of my classmates. If I do say so myself we did put out an awesome Mega Kit. There were many new faces that came to the chat and I love to see all of the new people/talent that is coming to The Scrapping Garden. Thanks so much for coming. If you were not able to make it you missed an awesome chat. If you were not able to make it but would still like to participate in the challenge leave me a comment here with your email addy or your pm name and I will send out the two freebies that I gave out which I will show you below and you can participate in the challenge.

The Mega Kit is still on sale at 50% off It is $3.45 and you can find it here:

http://scrappinggarden.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1849

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a few layouts that I did using my posting freebies from the Crop:

Photobucket This is my Cool Joe layout. It is of John Paul. August of 2007 when we were visiting my parents in San Diego. We had gone down to Julian which is a small Tourist Town close to where my parents live. It was very hot that day and John just wanted to sit inside the General Store and be cool.


Photobucket This is a layout with of course John Paul in the front, Me behind him, my Father and my Mother out in their drive way. Of course since the fires it doesnt look the same anymore. Everything off in the upper Right hill is gone, My parents yard and house were spared. I will have to share that story another day. It was a true miracle that their house was spared. The fire passed over it TWICE!!

Tomorrow I will post a few layouts using my new Valentine Kit and I promise I will get it submitted first thing in the morning so that it will be in the store hopefully on Friday. I am also shooting for Friday to get the Add-on for the Chocolate Silk Kit in the store too!

Nothing much else has happened today. I spent most of the day designing and cleaning house a little. I am house bound because of John. It is okay though. We had an awful storm today with really bad winds and pelting rain. Not the most fun weather to be out in.

Last but not least is the link for your Fourth Part of Faith, Hope, and Charity

Photobucket

Sorry, this link has expired

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments you have left me. I am so glad that you are really liking this kit. I do believe that I have decided to make an add-on. It may be a few weeks before I get it finished but I will let you know on my blog when it will be coming out. I will also do a few ads. That is what I think I will be concentrating on after I get my next two kits submitted. I need to get some advertising done get myself out there a little. I need to go to the sites that I used to post at when I was a CT and let them know I am designing now and post some layouts.

In another couple of months I will most likely be having my own CT call so if you are interested in earning free kits then leave me a comment and your email or PM username at The Scrapping Garden and I will get in touch with you when the time comes.

Thanks so much for reading my blog all the way to the bottom and again thanks for the awesome comments! That is what has kept me going this week with John being sick and all.

You all have a great day and I will post again tomorrow night.

11 comments:

Sharon Kay said...

Hi! Does your son like slushies? That is something I could get my sons to eat/drink when they were sick. If you want to know where I bought my "slush mugs" send me a PM to Sharon Kay and I'll get you the link. We love them and I have given them as presents to nieces and to a friend's child when he was sick and wouldn't drink. Worked like a charm. We make Coke slushies when their tummy is upset and the Coke syrup helps to settle them too (doctor's suggestion).

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dear....Well here we are in the midst of a whale of a snow storm ...We are supposed to get 12"+ of snow...Yikes....Soooo Glad the JP is feeling better...By the way..I LOVE the layout of him in that hat....Toooo Cute....I would LOVE to patake in the Challenge...My E Addie is grammadiane@charter.net...
Thank You for allowing us to do so....Well....gotta run...Hubby is going to attempt to go go work (Wal-Mart) and he has to drive about 15 miles...I'll worry til he calls and says he made it okay....Muah Dear and have a GR8 Day...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your work. It is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oooo, I get to make the first comment!
Thanks so much for your latest installment of Faith, Hope, Charity. It's lovely. And that new valentine kit is just DA BOMB!!!!! I love it!
I really think I like your designing style (from what I've seen!) and would love to be considered for your CT when the time comes.

Robbi and Mike said...

So glad JP is better, hope he continues his uphill trek in being all better. I too remember the Vanilla cups and the whole class exchanging Valentines (ahhh, the good old days lol) Darling new kit April, its goregous!
Wow, your parents sound like they were very fortunate during the fires, those were such scarey times for all of us here in So.CA!
Take care now and see ya tomorrow :) Hugs

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Glad to hear that he's slowly feeling better!!
TY so very much for part 4!!!!!!!
Your Valentine kit is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It sounds like JP is doing better.I hope it doesn't last much longer. I had a ball at the chat and am working on my layout. I love the new kit coming out and can't wait to get it. I think it is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like JP is getting better, I know you are happy about that. Love the new Valentine kit you have coming out. It is so awesome. Those bears are just to cute. I'm gonna have to get it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work. I appreciate it. I hope your son gets better soon. It's got to be hard on both of you. Hang in there.
Ileana

Anonymous said...

Thanks again!
virginiajen

Michelle said...

Thank you so much!!