Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally Friday!

Ahhh!! It has been a LONG week for me :) Usually the week just seems to fly right past me, but with my husbanding being out-of-town all week on a business trip (he gets back tomorrow morning), it has been a LONG week this time. And what a week! Of course all the germs the boys have been sharing caught up with me this week and I have been fighting fever/runny nose/cough/sore throat/sore body and today no voice. Then we had a little more ice this week - thankfully not enough to do any damage or loss of electricity this week. When I took the boys to get their haircut, I got to experience some of that ice up close and personal...thanks to my 4-year old not watching his step and trying to jump up onto the side walk...which of course landed him on his bottom and me on my knee. What a sight we probably made as I tried to keep him from bashing his head into the concrete as well as me not landing on top of him and all the while hold onto my 18-month old whom I was carry! Thankfully I got the worst of it and it was only a nice large bruise on my knee. Of course our week's excitement doesn't end there- not in this household :) My 4-year old's eyes decide to start giving him trouble... with one sometimes turning in and causing him to see double. We go to see the only pediatric opthamologist on March 3rd to see what exactly is causing this to happen. Hopefully it will be something that can be solved with glasses or maybe even his having to wear a patch awhile each day....and NOT lead us to having to take him in for an MRI and something more serious being wrong. So if you think about him, I would really appreciate the prayers that the poor little guy doesn't have anything really serious wrong.

WOW! Sorry to bore you all if all THAT junk :) Let's move on to talking about what is going on around TSG!

Have you all visited the TSG forum lately? This month's "Team Best of the Garden Voting" is going on RIGHT NOW!!! So hop on over and check out the great layouts created by some of the TSG Team HERE and place your vote HERE. Every month the TSG Team members produce some WONDERFUL layouts...and no, that doesn't include me :) I actually don't remember the last time I got something scrapped...before Christmas...maybe as far back as before Thanksgiving. Anyway, make sure you go place you vote NOW since the poll will close on 2/24 (which is Sunday).

With that, I need to say bye for now and go get some cleaning done while my boys are down for naps. I found out yesterday that my husbands mom, stepdad, sister and her husband are all coming into town this weekend! And I thought I might actually get some rest - lol. ;) Hope you all have a great Friday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sweetie I hope your son's eye problem is not serious!! I will keep him in my heart and pray for him!

Hugs!!!

Robbi and Mike said...

Oh my what a week you have had :( Hope the weekend gets better for you and your Sons eye gets better soon. My dd had a lazy eye and glasses corrected it, so we will hope for the best! Thanks for steppin in - think you need the prayers too:) Just getting over the bug myself - never realized that my head could ache for that long without blowing off! Take care sweetie and get well soon. Hugs1

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie...Sorry 'bout your bruised knee....Hope that eye prob with your son is something that can be easily fixed or he will grow out of it....Not much going on with me.....Been trying to keep up with commenting on LO's but of course there are days when that is just next to impossible...although I DO try....We are having some pretty decent weather here in Wisc. for now (Very Unusual for this year...LOL) but we are supposed to have More Snow Monday and Tuesday....Guess we will try to get all our gallyvanting done with today....Have a Great Weekend Dear...Even with your guests just try to relax.....Sending Hugs....