Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sorry I'm Late

Hi All,


Yesterday, a mom came over to my house and I taught her how to use the yearbook program. She completed three pages at my house and one today. The parent volunteers (I've got 5 of them) will do the classroom collage pages (fit as many pics on one page) except I do my own son's classroom and help 1 mom do her children's class page. I flow all the classroom portraits on the left hand pages of the book and then when I get the completed collage page, import them on the right hand side. I do all the other pages like the Table of Contents, All About Me, Staff Page, Unity in the Community Page, performance page, inspiration page, etc. We even get together and the yearbook staff is in the yearbook. I always have a prop that I hold in front of me to hide my big stomach and wide hips. It's the previous year's yearbook...lol.

Today was my "day off". Every Wednesday is my husband's day off and so I sleep in (20 minutes the most), my husband cooks breakfast (usually oatmeal or makes the kids eat cereal) and he takes them to school (Elementary and Junior High) and picks them up. On Wednesdays, I usually go out with my cousin, who is my highschool classmate and one of my best friends. We went to two craft stores (Beverly's and Michael's), Ulta (beauty store with a great sale... I invest a lot of money on my big hair and need a sale big time) and ate at a Korean restaurant (yum!)

I then came home and uploaded 3 kits that will be out on Friday and my promotional kit. I created a thread in my designers forum, I went to the bank (I work for 2 carehomes and the checks are sent to me), I had a conference call at 6pm and went grocery shopping at 7pm. I washed the dishes while my kids ate their dinner (McDonalds)..still full from the Korean BBQ and munched on my son's french fries...lol. Then after dinner, I gathered some freebies, made a preview of the freebies, zipped the freebies and uploaded them... which leads me to right now.

Tomorrow is a late start for my junior hi boys. So I take the elementary school kids first and then go to the junior Hi. The other days it's the other way around. Since the Junior High is 5 minutes from my mom's, I visit her every Thursday before she goes to work and then I head out that way too (I work for my parents... 2 carehomes and a family practice) I work at the clinic on Thursdays until around 11 am. If a pharmaceutical rep. comes with lunch... Well then, I stick around. Tomorrow night is also karate so I bring some photoshop magazines or my knitting and watch the boys. Sometimes it's crowded in the school and I just stay in my car. The last time I watched, the only seat left was by the shoes.... oh my gosh, I was getting sick cuz I was smelling their shoes but visuallizing stinky sweaty feet. My family knows I have feet issues. I can't stand looking at peoples feet....even my own...lol.


Anyways I have chatted a lot to day. I have to prepare for my SticKit to Me Swap. Here is a preview of what I made. If you purchase my Funky Fresh Kit (in the store this Friday @ 50% off) and make a CD layout then you get all the CD layouts. If you make a 4x4 layout, well then you get all the 4x4 layouts. If you make both, everyone say it all together now, you get all the CD layouts and the 4x4 layouts. I hope you all get to participate in this swap/exchange. Last month we had 34 Stickits completed and were shared with all who participated. I will put size specs in the forum.

Thanks for all the great comments. I'm glad you like the kit. The Funky Fresh kit is going to be used in my yearbook. Each grade gets a color. I'm still learning how to make realistic elements and appreciate any comments you give me.

Ha... still talking... forgot to hand out the freebies. Here ya go Sorry, this link has expired.
Thanks for sticking around.
Lynn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie...Gosh you ARE one busy lady...All my kids are gone except for one who sticks around so he can help his Dad and me...and we are sooo Thankful that he IS here...We are getting up there in years and there are so many things that we just cannot do anymore....I guess thats why I love scrapping...I have something that I can do for ME and for my kids that doesn't take a great deal of work....LOL...We are supposed to get more snow tonight...Yuk...We are all so sick of it....Well gotta run Dear...Sooo enjoy reading your journaling....Take Care...and have a Great Day...Hugs enclosed...

Kim said...

Looks like it will be a great kit Lynn - can't wait until Friday ;) Thank you for freebies :)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for stopping by & checking in on your so busy day & for the FAB goody too!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you have time to do freebies, on top of everything else! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gifties! What a "day off" you had! LOL!