Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Good morning, it is the most wonderful of days the whole year as it is Easter Sunday. My day will be very busy and long so I wanted to get this up now. Today is very special for those of us who celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and so it is filled with activities at church, (The Salvation Army). Our sunrise service is at 8:00 AM, next we have breakfast together, our Sunday School and morning worship service will be at the regular times. This year we are having Easter dinner together with a potluck at church. We have a great bunch of people who love to fellowship together each week and we really are family.
Tonight we will travel into Anchorage for a special service with a brigade of cadets. Cadets are men and women training to become Salvation Army officers, (pastors). It will be nice to see them and the leader of the group is a long time friend.
Let me tell you a little about myself. I was born in San Francisco at Letterman’s Army hospital, (that is US army, not the Salvation Army.) My father was in the navy at the time. I have 2 sisters each born in November, just as I was, my sister June is 1 year younger and my sister Darlene is 2 years younger. I have one brother who is 5 years younger and he is a detective for homeland security as well as a city policeman. My mother lives a mile away and we are very close. My dad went home to be with the Lord in 2003.
I have been a part of the Salvation Army all my life. In fact I am what is known as a 4th generation Salvationist. My great grandparents on my dad’s side, were also members of the Salvation Army as were his parents. My granny, (my mom’s mother), was also a member of the Salvation Army. My husband and his family also are members of the Salvation Army. I do want to say that this is our church. The place we call home for worship and service to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Well, I will tell you more tomorrow, but for now I would like to with you all a wonderful Happy Easter. Hope your day is filled with joy. Here is one of my recent LO's done with Lise Lotte Sunesen's kit Love is a Journey, you can find it in the scrappinggarden here:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tina....Soooo nice to see you here...I'm sure we will have a fun week visiting...Happy Easter to U and yours....

Anonymous said...

Tina: It sounds like your day is full. I hope you have a wonderful time. I am glad to learn more about you and your life. God Bless you today and always.