Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hard to believe it is Saturday

I must say that I was nervous at the beginning of the week and now I can't believe it is over. I thought about what to tell you today and this is what came to mind. At one time in years past, my family could have had our own brass band. My grandfather was a bandmaster for the Salvation Army for 50 years plus, He taught all of us to play. I have always had a real passion for music. I stopped playing a brass instrument years ago due to a problem with my throat. I was told that if I continued to strain it in that way, I would not be able to sing. I love to sing more, and so I became the solist with voice. My sister plays the piano, and she has not played a brass instrument for years because of acid reflux which she has a seriously bad time with. She has GERD, and controls it completely by diet. Unfortunately for me, I am not that disciplined with my eating. I admire her though because she has given up any thing with caffeine, citrus and tomatoes, and anything that has citric acid added to it. She eats all low fat items and her husband does alot of baking for her. The one drawback she is finding now about being back in the US is the price of bananas. When she was a missionary in Micronesia she could be a whole stalk for $5.00. Now she pays $1.29 a pound.
My grandmother on my dad's side went to be with Jesus in 1970. But she was a true saint of God. Her love and compassion shined like the top of the Chrysler building, (anyone recognize the movie that is from),She taught me how to read and embroider by the time I was 4. She had patience that was out of this world. She played the piano at church. I remember clearly the day before she went to Jesus side her calling me into the hospital room and telling me that she was going "home" the next day. She affirmed that God had great plans for me and that she was completely confident that I would carry them through. A lot to lay on a little girl of 9, but it stuck with me and had a big part to do with who I am today.
I have enjoyed this week of telling you a little about me, my family, my church (The Salvation Army), and the awesomely beautiful place where I live, (Alaska). I have enjoyed reading your comments and giving you gifts. I hope that you have a blessed rest of 2008,and I look forward to seeing all your layouts in the gallery. I hope you have enjoyed coming and reading the blog, and that you enjoy the stickits. Don't forget to leave a little love for Lise Lotte Sunesen for her amazing kits that she allowed me to use for the stickits.
The last thing I want to say, is to keep your eyes on the forum. The fabulous birthday party of scrapping garden is coming up May 21st to the 27th. You won't want to miss this. We have great things in store for you. God bless each of you. Thank you for coming to the blog.

3 comments:

Robbi and Mike said...

Thank you Tina for a very informative and interesting week, it has been very nice getting to know you and about your family and lifestyle. I have learned alot I did not know. Thank you for your gifts, and Thank you to Lise also for her cute QP's! Have a Blessed day and See you in the Forum/Gallery.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful stickits and for sharing so much of yourself with us this week. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your message each day, and I found myself looking forward to what you would post the next day. You've made my week a little brighter.

Anonymous said...

I've soooo enjoyed my time with you here...thank you for all the insites into the SA..Thanks for all your gifts and thank Lisa also....Have a Great Day.....