Friday, March 28, 2008

so sorry for being so late today

I first want to apologize for being so late. I got up this morning and started to get on the computer. My mom called and said her computer was having issues. I went over to fix it and to install the norton's update, A job that should take about 20 minutes was 3 hours and still not done. My mom's computer is only 256 ram and very slow at everything. After uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, etc. there were still parts that had not completed. I had to go and get my winter tires off my car so told her I would finish the job later. Don't you just love computers!!!!
This is my LO for the petals of wisdom challenge take a look in the forum here.


if you really like my LO, keep reading for a surprise
Today is another beautiful day here in Alaska. The sun is shining and the temperature is average for this time of year. It is hard to sit inside and work on the computer. My husband just joined an exercise club so he is off doing a workout or sitting in the hot tub. He has this weekend off unless he gets called in, so he is taking advantage of the time. He works 12 hour shifts and so does not get much time to do anything, especially when he works the night shift of 7 PM to 7:30 AM. He is always getting called in for extra hours because he does his job, is never late, and does not ever call in sick. Tomorrow we are going to garage sales, yeah, I love to do that and it is like a family outing for us.
Well, I have a bunch of things to prepare for Sunday School on Sunday as it is the end of our Iditarod contest. I have had a lot of fun and they want me to write up the lessons and all that I have done to share with others. I have really enjoyed doing this one. Next we are going to play ball (baseball that is). That will be a new one so I have a lot to put together before the 6th Before I go, I promised a freebie. So to download the stickit of the LO above, click here (sorry, this link has expired)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina! I've been enjoying your writings this week, especially yesterday's "lesson" about the Salvation Army! I learned a lot. And your freebies have been great!

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Tina. I appreciate and enjoyed learning things about the Salvation Army that I did not know! It IS wonderful to be able to help others in need (I worked in a town nearby after several tornadoes practically wiped out the entire town). You serve in a wonderful organization and I'm glad to have "met" you. Thanks for sharing a little about you AND the gifts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina....It is now sat. moring here....I too love garage sale shopping...we aren't quite into the season for it here because it is soooo cold...hovering around 30*-40*....Went to the Dr. yesterday because I have a very sore knee and can hardly walk with it...Well..Bursitis & tendonitis is what I have....possibly a cracked knee cap Yikes....I smashed it on our coffeetable 4 weeks ago and it just wasn't healing....Have to heavily ice it and take tylonel and see how it is for a week...I'm supposed to stay off it as much as possible....That'll be very hard....Well gotta run....Have A GR8 Day

Robbi and Mike said...

Im having Issues with Norton also...it runs properly, but I still get an icon in the tray that says it is not installed, yet everywhere else it says it is! I will uninstall and reinstall when Ihave bit of time, as you said 20 mins turns into hours! Thank you for the stickit and hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

LoveMyCritters said...

Your layout caught my eye because I was born & raised in Pacifica! I lived up on the top of Manor Drive in "Westview" and attended Westview, Fairmont and Oceana. Love the layout!