Monday, March 24, 2008

no Monday blues here

WOW, what an incredible Easter Sunday we had. It was very long, but I would not want to have missed any of it. My daughter and 2 other youth did a cute skit at church. They did an excellent job. We had guest speakers for our services, and the one for the evening was just great. Our Easter Dinner at church was scrumptious. There were about 45 of us that stayed and ate together. It was a truly blessed day.
And now a word from our sponsor; don't forget to check out the challenges and crops at the scrapping garden. Check out the paper patch crop information. The crop will be held the 27th (Thursday) at 9 PM EST. The featured kit is Think Spring by Pammy.
Also take a look at the challenges, There is something for everyone.

A little more about me: My parents went to school to become a Salvation Army officer when I was in 7th grade. My 2 sisters, my brother and I were very lucky in that we actually had a 2 bedroom apartment across the hall from my parents. We all ate together in the dining room and this was just sleeping quarters basically, but we still had our own. Pretty amazing for an 11 year old girl and her younger siblings.
My father was a very wonderful and kind man. I greatly miss him at times, but he taught me so much about life that I am just happy to have been his daughter. He was the kind of man whom loved his family and was always surprising us. I remember one time he came home late from work, told us to put shoes on and we went for ice cream in our pajamas. Another time I wanted to attend a special activitiy and he dared me to eat 6 tacos for him to pay my way instead of using allowance. I thought it was great, I loved my mom's tacos and it really seemed unfair on his part. He always took the time to be a part of our lives in every way and involved us in his ministry as well. That is why I am who I am today.
Because the Salvation Army moves their officers around much like the military does, I ended up going to 6 different schools from 9th to 12th grades. Yet I still managed to graduate with honors. I attended Eastern Oregon State College where I received an AA in Early Childhood Education. I have always loved working with children but my reason for the degree was not to teach in the school, but to use that knowledge for teaching in the church. I have been the leader of the Salvation Army character builiding programs for girls for over 25 years in 12 different places. The high award for the middle and senior high school girls called the generals guard has been received by myself, my mom, and my daughter.You might say it is a family tradition. One that I hope some day will be carried on with my daughter's children, (that is if she has any in the future.)
well, that is it for today, stay tuned in tomorrow to get another glimpse into my world, (Alaska that is)
Have a great Monday. Oh, I have a freebie for you today. I made a stickit using Lise Lotte's kit Winter Dream, hope you like it. Download (sorry link has expired).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina...Sooo glad to hear your Easter was good..Mine was also...We went to my sons house in Illinois and Everyone brought Scrumptious goodies for the Brunch table...Everything was soooo delicious..More importantly we were all together...My kids and their kids....all except my one granddaughter who was in Fla. with a group of girls...I ate way too much....got caught up on all the latest and just had a great time.....Well dear I have lots to do soooo Have a GR8 Day....see ya' 2moro....

Jen said...

Thanks, Tina, for taking the time to share some about yourself with us. I look forward to learning more about you this week! Also, thanks for the great SticKit!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Easter! Our's was very nice as well.

I really like reading about you and your family. I have learned so much!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, Very happy to hear that you had a wonderful Easter. Thank you for taking the time to share a little about yourself with us. Sounds like your father was a wonderful man. Thank you also for sharing the stickit with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing!