Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A little late, freebie to make up for it

I am late in posting today because I was waiting for the link for a freebie. But we will get to it in a moment. Today is absolutely beautiful outside and last night the northern lights were active. I went out to watch for a few minutes. It is such an awesome site to see. For me it is a confirmation of a God who truly loves us. I don't see how anyone could observe such beauty and think it just happens. Yesterday was one of those days when I had to really push myself to get anything done. You ever have a day when you just don't seem to be motivated to do what you know you need to. I spent most of the day just watching movies and trying to clear my mind of all the stresses and deadlines and such. I think it was a good thing to do, although I hope that it does not have to be done to often.
Today they did a test of the Tsunami warning for awareness week. I am glad I knew it was a test because they always scare you. The Alaska Tsunami warning center is only 10 miles from my home and we have taken our youth groups there. It is quite something. Alaska as you know had the 2nd largest earthquake registered in 1964 and it lasted over 3 minutes. The devastation was phenominal. It happened on Good Friday that year and measured 9.2. The effects was felt all the way in California when a tsunami hit hours later. It is kind of funny but the other day my daughter and I was watching Earthquake aftershock in New York and we felt a 4.2 one. Thats the way it goes here actually we have small ones like that in Alaska some where every day.
Well enough about the doom and gloom. I would not trade living here for anything though. I came to love Alaska when my parents were stationed in Haines at the Salvation Army. My daughter then not quite one and I came to visit them and fell in love. I went home and told my husband we were moving to Alaska and he said ok and we did. We lived in Haines for 5 years, went to Walla Walla, WA for 5 years and have been back in Alaska for 10 years.
I have created a stickit for you using Springtime by Lise Lotte Sunesen, you can find the kit here
Here is my LO using the stickit.

and now for your freebie, you can download it sorry, link has expired.
hope you enjoy your day and the stickit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love your pics of Alaska and I have really enjoyed coming here every day and reading about your life....thankyou for giving us an insight into your private world. Thankyou too for the fabulous stickit.

Photomama said...

Thank you for a fun gift.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tina for the wonderful stickit...I see my Post didn't get published....Oh Well....Loved the Alaska photos....Have a Great Day....