Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Year Ends..

I cannot believe it is New Years Eve already! Yet another year seems to have got away from me. Makes me glad to be a Digital Scrapper really, the camera goes everywhere so i am sure i caught most of the years happenings..now to locate it all on the pc! haha!!

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my post yesterday!! It was so great to get them, hosting this blog is nothing like having your own!! (You really want to get this one right - it's quite nerve wracking!)

So what are we up to...

The girls asked if they could bake some snickerdoodles (I got a new cookie recipe book!!) today so i let them loose in the kitchen! I have to say they are scrummy even if i did get left with the dishes in exchange for a taste of one!! Who taught kids to be so shrewd?!







David has been playing on his DS (the best thing i ever bought the kids!!) with his new Star Wars game that Santa bought him.

And me? Well i am now preparing for this evening when we will be seeing out 2007 and seeing in 2008. There is a bacon joint in the oven and wine in the fridge!! The rest i can cook tomorrow. New year is not a hugely celebrated tradition in our house but we quietly sit and watch the fireworks outside with a nice glass of bubbly! I think because Richard, my Dad and my brother all do shift work we phone each other at about 10pm and again in the morning but have stopped doing the midnight calls!!

As tomorrow is what we call a non-day (nothing happens and it is normally quite boring!), some close friends of ours are coming over for the day. We alternate who hosts and this year it is our turn! All the kids get on and we just sit and chat, play games and generally just hang around doing not a lot!! This year we have the XBox360 that i got for Christmas so we will probably be competing with each other on that!!

So it is for me to Wish you all a very Happy New Year, I wish all of you a wonderful time in 2008. May all your hopes and dreams come true.

Here is another gift for you (link has expired). Enjoy. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

10 comments:

Robbi and Mike said...

The cookies look great - I even made some and put some red and green sprinkles on them this year for Christmas :) We too will have a non-day or two and then the new year begins. Hoping our GS will be over as he is on leave from the army but must go back within a day or two, so waiting on his schedule. Hope you have a wonderful New Year, and thank you and Karen for the gift :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Gill Sooo nice to see you on the blog.....I couldn't comment yesterday as I was a bit under the weather and stayed pretty much camped out on my couch....Hey those snickerdoodle cookies look GREAT...Hope you saved me a few...LOL...Hubby will be asleep in his chair way before midnight so I'll be hooting and Hollerin' all by my self....LOL...Listen sweets...Have a Great Health and safe New Year.....Enclosing some hugs....but not too close...I don't want U to get my germs....

Kim said...

Boy... do those cookies look yummy!!!!! Have a wonderful New Year's Day, it sounds so restful. Thanks to you and Karen too for the wonderful stickit :)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope 2008 is a great year for you.
thanks for the stickit. the cookies look yummy. tell the girls they did a great job.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Cookies look so yummy!!!!
TY both so very much for another FAB QP!!!!!!!
WISHING YOU & YOUR FAMILY A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My m-i-l used to make snickerdoodles for Christmas, so my hubby has fond memories of them. I never had the chance to taste one of hers, and had never even heard of them until marrying into the family. I really need to hunt down a recipe for them and give them a try, as so many others seem to love them too.
Thanks for today's freebie!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of snickerdoodles but they look great!! Congratulations girls on doing a fabulous job?

Can you please post the recipe?.....I would love to try them for myself.

Wishing you and your family a fun filled, good health and much lovin kinda year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

great to share some time with you and your family. The cookies look great. My son's nickname is "Snickerdoodle" LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh Gill! Snickerdoodles are my absolute favorite cookies, so now I have to make some, LOL! Happy new year to you and the kids and Richard!