Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Play or Work Wednesday

Wednesday is my husband’s day off from work so it’s my day off from home. Wednesdays my husband is in charge of waking up the kids while I sleep in for 30 minutes more, he makes them breakfast, takes all the boys to their schools and he stays home to wait for them to come home. Wednesdays are always his laundry day as well. He should do the Wednesday dishes, but I usually end up doing them. As for me, sometimes I go into the office, pick up paper work, make deposits, visit my mom before she goes to work and then run some errands. There are Wednesdays my cousin and I go out shopping and eat out for lunch. Most Wednesdays, I stay home and my husband and I hang out, run errands together, go to lunch, see a movie (one a month), or do a project at home. Today won’t be a play day for us. I have a morning meeting in the clinic, make deposits, go to Kohl’s and buy my oldest son some pants (he’s growing way to fast) and then a meeting with my oldest son’s Pre-Algebra teacher after school. My husband will be fixing a tractor he is borrowing and broke and then will come home to finish the laundry.

Many of you have commented how busy and hectic my life seems. You’re right, but these days have been mild. 95% of the time, I work from home. I do the billing, bookkeeping and marketing for 2 carehomes for the elderly and one family practice, all owned by my parents, who are doctors. I am a substitute teacher at a private school that I used to be a Kindergarten teacher at. I design the yearbook at my son’s elementary school…I volunteer at the elementary school and I have a lot of side jobs as well. I also just got an email yesterday from a mom if I can tutor her son in reading (we know
each other from the school I used to teach at.) Oh yeah, I forgot, cuz I haven't done it for so long... design kits Exclusively at TSG!

Right now, we are getting ready for Christmas parties for the carehomes and the clinic. One carehome and the clinic, combined, will be this Sunday and the other carehome will be on the 22nd. I help out with the planning and I make party favor bags or some kind of giveaway that advertises the carehome’s address, numbers, etc. In the past I’ve made notepads, letter openers, and wrapped chocolate bars. Now I’m making 96 goodie bags. My boys helped stuff the bags and then all day yesterday I made the bag topper. I still need to print brochures and business cards to place in the goodie bags. So I made a freebie for you (Sorry, this link has expired) made from the bag toppers I created. It coordinates with my
“Party Time” kit. You can use them as gift tags. It looks weird now, because I fold them in half for the bags, but you can cut them in half and you’ll get eight tags or you can make 4 bag toppers too. Hmm....remember my scavenger hunt.... Party Time is a clue!

Here is what I have so far on the goodie bags. Inside is a biscotti, two different hot chocolate flavors and one candy cane ornament, plus a brochure and a couple of business cards.

Thanks for all the comments. You guys can feel the pain I’m
going through with this computer. All your Christmas wishes for a new computer for me just gives me warm fuzzies inside and most of the time you guys crack me up. Now does anyone have Vista on their computers? I heard that Vista can slow down or even crash your computer. I heard it from my brother who has been trying to get my computer fixed and from a computer salesman when I was this close (right pointer finger and thumb 1/8 of an inch from touching each other) to buying a new computer last week.

Again thanks Tracy for taking my spot in the
Paper Patch. Tracy is the Paper Patch Pro everyone and please support her by purchasing her "Winter Jewels" kit and being at the crop tomorrow. It’s $2.00 for a whole kit and more, if you participate!!! I haven’t tried chatting on this computer Tracy, but I hope to be there.

See you later and take care,
Lynn

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynn, about Vista, it just depends on the computer hardware and what software you want to run on it. I have Vista, but my husband built my machine and so it has 2 gigs of RAM and 320 gigs of hard drive space on a Core 2 Duo chip. Lots of firepower, in other words. I run PSP X2 and Photoshop CS3 on it without any trouble. Vista does, however, take a lot of tweaking to turn off all the security crap that Microsoft loaded it with. Mine behaves pretty decently, though. But if you're worried about speed and/or compatibility with older software or graphics plugins, I'd stick with XP.

Photo Scraps Store said...

You should still be able to get a computer loaded with XP until Jan. In Jan, Microsoft is not selling XP anymore. I hurried and got computers before Vista.

Dracowin said...

Thank you for the pretty freebie bag toppers/tags! These will be fun to use for little gifts for coworkers and friends.

Anonymous said...

Well Sweetie...I've heard soooo many bad things about Vista it seems that they outway the Good..I'll keep my ole XP thank you....I heard that when you go Vista so many older programs will not work...NOT ACCEPTABLE..I can't afford to go and buy all new programs to suit Vista...I swear they get ya' coming or goin'...Soooooo I just better cool it and say Have a Nice Day Dear....And Muah Hunny Bunny for the Tags...Very useful....

Anonymous said...

Thankyou very much for the freebie :)