Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Totally Tuesday

Yesterday I said I was going to do some work. Well I did for about 15 minutes. While driving my two boys and my two nephews to two different schools I remembered I didn’t pay my property tax for my house and the property tax for one of my parent’s carehomes. Both were due on the 10th. Then when I got home, my cousin called and asked if I can take her to Sam’s club to go Christmas shopping. My cousin is my also my high school classmate and one of my best friends, we talk every single day. Her oldest son is also my oldest son’s classmate and we live just a few blocks away from each other. Neat, huh? So, yesterday I wrote two tax checks, called the bank to transfer money, went to Sam’s club, Costco, Smart-n-Final (saw a friend and talked to her for awhile), the post office (which was really crazy in there), Gottschalks, Walgreens (talked to two of my former coworkers, from two different jobs), went to my cousin’s house to drop off her groceries, went to the elementary school to pick up two of our boys and then she dropped my son and I at home and then she went to pick up our older boys at the Junior high….phew! I have to add that during that time I received 2 calls from my husband, 1 from my dad’s friend and 1 call from one of the carehomes. I also had to check up on another cousin/high school classmate/very pregnant best friend to see how she is doing. I call her at least once a day because she is due at anytime and I am the one to take her to the hospital and be with her in the delivery room if her husband is at work or out of town. Every time she answers my call she always says, “No baby yet”

I woke up this morning to find out which eye I keep open. Well when I woke up at 4:12 I had my left eye open walking to the bathroom, did my thing with both eyes closed, blew my nose still with my eyes closed, then walked back to bed with my right eye open. When I woke up again, it was my left eye open. To Laurie, if I don’t do my morning “anti-morning allergy” treatment I will sneeze that much too all in a row. My son, he will sneeze 5 to 8 times if he doesn’t blow his nose right away.

There were 322 visitors/hits on this blog since yesterday morning…. Well, about 70 of them were mine checking to see if I got any comments…lol…and only received 8 comments total for the two days….sniff sniff…. I guess you are all wanting a freebie. Just let me tell you a sample of what this slow poke computer puts me through.

Open Photoshop = 2 mins. 3 secs.
Open a file = 43 secs.
Complete a long brush stroke = 7 secs.
Merge 5 layers = 1 min. 5 secs.
Save the paper = 1 min. 23 secs.
Save for web = 2 mins 25 secs.
Photoshop to close = 3 mins. 19 secs.
Computer to shut down = 1 min. 58 secs. Yes, I had plenty of time to use a stop watch and file or open bills while waiting for the little circle timer thing to stop swirling...lol


This paper coordinates with the same color scheme of Splash, Retro, and Artistically Colorful. Since my Photoshop CS3 trial ends in 1 day, I’ll try to make freebies from my Xara or Corel Painter programs that need to be installed on this, what Pammyj calls “dinosaur” computer. Sorry, this link has expired.




In the meantime, I want to squeeze in a little advertising here. My CT, Pammyj, is hosting a challenge of challenges called “Keeping it Straight”.


Participate by creating layouts for all of TSG’s challenges and crops held during this month. Keep track of them in the "Keeping it Straight Challenge" Forum.


You will receive elements/papers/SticKits from my “Angel” kit for posting bonuses.





Also I want to add that Tracy Beck helped me out by taking over the Paper Patch Crop that I was supposed to do (thinking I would get my computer fixed by now) this Thursday, the 13th.

Please support Tracy by purchasing her “Winter Jewels” kit for $2.00 until the 13th.

The Paper Patch is a fun crop and a great deal to get a kit and more for $2.00. Her crop will be held this Thursdayat 9pm EST.

Don't forget my Blog Element Hunt Challenge I'm doing. PM me with your entry. Remember, all those that submit an entry will get a SticKit.

I would love to receive some comments, questions, ideas about future kits, etc…or even just to say “Yo, What’s up?” or “Hello”



Take care and Hugs, Lynn

10 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the paper Lynn! I can't imagine having to spend your trial of CS3 on an older computer, you must be so frustrated! Looks like you are making it work though, the paper is great! You're doing a great job blogging :)

Joni Siebenlist said...

Hi Lynn, I just wanted to let you know that I read the blog!!! You are doing a great job and it's fun to read about your life. I wish for you to get a fast computer SOON!

Anonymous said...

My Chrismas wish for you.... a faster computer. I am using PSCS3 and what I thought was a great computer, and I still lock up, so you ahve my sympathies :) cheers, Caroline

Jen said...

Wow! You are one BUSY lady! I have no idea how you found any time to create that beautiful paper! Thank you though!! Hope that you get your faster computer back up and running soon. That can be EXTREMELY frustrating to have to spend all that time just waiting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the extra paper, Lynn! Now I just have to figure out which kit to stick it in with... I know! I can just copy it and stick it in each kit :)

You sure are a busy lady! I hope it's mostly just because of the holidays and not an all the time thing. So you may be going in the delivery room! That's so exciting - I was lucky enough to be in there when dd had her first daughter.

So are you gonna be helping Tracy with the Paper Patch crop?
Keep on blogging.. :)

Dracowin said...

Hi Lynn! I can relate to your computer issues. Mine is being a pain right now. It is slooooowwwwww! Hope you get some time to play soon. it sounds like you have your hands more than full with life right now.

Photo Scraps Store said...

Thanks For mentioning my kit and crop!

Boy your computer really is slow. I wish we could help.

You are doing a great job with the blog this week. Keep up the good work!

Robbi and Mike said...

Sorry I havent been by this week - its so busy and Im leaving tomorrow and wont be back till Sunday....so thank you for hosting this weeks's blog and hope your life slows down abit and your computer catches up with you, lol :) Thanks for the beautiful paper and will catch ya around the site. Happy Holidays to you and yours...Hugs Robbi1

Barb said...

I do read the blog every day but don't always take the time to comment--it has been interesting to learn about everyone and enjoy their kits and freebies. Hope the computer issue is fixed soon
Merry Christmas
Barb

Lizzerd said...

my goodness!
my Christmas wish for you is a brand-new-super-duper-fast computer!! That crawl would drive me NUTS! )oh yeah, I am already...) (too late to catch that gorgeous paper, wah!)