Monday, December 10, 2007

Morning Allergies

Am I one of the very few that experiences morning allergies, ie: sneeze the very moment you wake up? This is something my dad, my brother, my youngest son and even my best friend go through every morning. It’s even Googleable and the diagnosis is allergic rhinitis, but I still call it morning allergies. Every morning if I wake up “wrong” I will start sneezing or I’ll start sniffling and get that weird pain in the nose or that sensation that you get when a sneeze is trying to come out. I’ve had this for as long as I can remember. For about 20 years now, I’ve been able to lessen or even prevent the morning allergies, it’s a ritual I do when I get up in the middle of the night and every morning. When I wake up, I have to have one eye closed. Yup, you read it right. One eye closed and then I have to blow my nose. Sometimes it’s hard to blow my nose when there is nothing in there, but if I don’t do it…. Yup, I’ll sneeze. As I’m typing this I really don’t know which eye I close, I’m thinking my left, but I guess I’ll have to figure that out tomorrow morning. I probably can just get up and just blow my nose when I wake up, but I’ve been closing an eye for more than half of my life, it’s automatic. Weird though I never do this when I wake up from a nap… I don’t get nap allergies. After my husband and I got married he would see me walk to the bathroom with one eye closed. I would have conversations with him with one eye closed. I mean I don’t look like Popeye or look like my face froze while winking. Is there anyone out there like me?

I received a couple of entries for the scavenger hunt. Great hunting girls. Here’s the layout again. There are 12 elements shown, each coming from 12 different kits of mine. Find the kit for each of the elements. May be tricky because some elements are not shown on the previews, but are just a different color or you can tell by the theme. I also gave a clue in my first post. PM your answers to me at TSG (again, I’m jklmscrapper) do not send the answers as comments here on this blog. All the correct entries will be gathered and on Friday I will randomly pick 1-3 winners (depending on the amount of correct entries) and announce the winner(s) on Saturday. The winners will get to choose one of the 12 featured kits in the scavenger challenge as their prize. Everyone who participates in this challenge will get the SticKit of the challenge layout.

I also host the Petals of Wisdom challenge. I create a free word art for you to use or you can create your own. Posting bonus for all who participates and if you use any of Linda Cumberland’s kits in your layout, you get an additional bonus.

I only have 3 more days left of my free trial of CS3. After I do some work, I will create a small freebie for you. See you later.

4 comments:

Jen said...

My hubby doesn't sneeze, but he has big coughing fits every morning (no, he isn't a smoker...just bad allergies). I will have to suggest the one eye thing to him ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... you open one eye when you first wake up. Sounds kinda like when you have to hold your mouth just right when you're concentrating on something LOL Hey, as long as it works! I hadn't ever heard of that allergy before, but I'll keep it mind if anyone close to me ever starts waking up sneezing :)

Thanks for the reminder on the Petals challenge! I'm behind on getting challenges done this month (behind for me, anyway!).

So, any idea when you're gonna have a working computer back again? (I'm not counting the dinosaur you're using now). I can't wait to see what kind of kits you come up with after all these withdrawals I know you've been having. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I am going to have to tell my husband. He sneezes every morning about 10 times in a row. He says he thinks he is allergic to morning.

Anonymous said...

I actually have this allergy myself. I have done lots of research on what could cause this and in my case, it has to do with your eyes. It's a type of photo allergy that when I see any type of light from (outside, bathroom, nite-lite), it triggers the main optical nerve that triggers the allergy reation. Many people will sneeze when they see sun light but this is different in that seeing the smallest light bulb will do the trick. Because this only occurs in the morning, I do a similar thing with one eye closed until it can adjust to the light and then open the other one. It dosen't keep me from sneezing but it does help with the severity of my episode.