Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So fire me now!!



What a goof I am.. I totally forgot to do any blogging yesterday. Mondays and Thursdays are typically my busy days getting kits ready for the store and I just got busy and forgot the blog. At least I am here now :)

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the nice comments you left Sunday J I try very hard to make sure things move as smoothly as possible and it is so nice to hear that you all notice and appreciate it :)

So now I hope I don’t bore you all too badly, but I thought I would tell you a little about me.. I am happily married to a sweetheart of a man. (We were married at midnight on New Years Eve 2002/2003. We officially claim New Yrs Day as our anniversary, but like to tell people our wedding ceremony started in 2002 and ended in 2003. ) I am mom to 7 kids, 5 daughters and 2 sons, ranging in age from 4 yrs old to 27 yrs old. You will see my family in just about every LO I make. I am also grandmom to 5 grandbabies, 3 little girlies and 2 little boys. They also provide lots of pics for LO’s. We have 2 furbabies, a German Shepherd named Baron and a little Papillon named Mitzy. When I am not doing my Mom and Grandmom stuff I am a schoolbus driver. Every morning and every afternoon I am out driving the bus, just like the mailman I drive thru all kinds of weather, rain, snow, sleet, and ice. We just recovered from an ice storm last week and took our first snow day of the season off from school. We still have ice and snow everywhere but the temps are supposed to climb above freezing today so I am hoping some of the ice melts.

Last week my son left for school, (he has to drive into town for a class he takes in Diesel mechanics). I came home from driving the bus to find him standing in the middle of the kitchen. I asked him why he was home and just about got all the words out to “and where is the….” When he threw his arms around me and started crying. Seems a deer ran out in front of him and he swerved to avoid the deer and drove down a 10 ft embankment into a ravine. The car ended up in a drainage culvert but thank God my son was all right. The car is totaled though; we are still trying to get it towed out of the ravine. So now we are down to 1 car and leaving extra early in the morning to get my son to school and hubby to work. Hopefully we can find another junker soon and replace the car that is totaled. That has been all the excitement around here and I am really hoping that there is no more excitement for awhile..

I have our Christmas tree up and we are so happy about that. For the last 2 yrs we have been remodeling and we finally got the living room/dining room finished enough to put furniture in it. We still have the hardwood flooring to put down, but we can do that after Christmas. I am going to share a before and after pic with you so you can see why I am so happy :)


This morning my little girl and I made gingerbread men. They are waiting to be decorated now. She isn't very happy right now because none of them have eyes. I told her we would fix that as soon as we get to the store and get some cookie decorations… She is so funny sometimes.

Well, on that note I think I will sign out for now. Have a great day everyone and don’t forget to visit The Scrapping Garden for your daily download and to check out all the wonderful challenges going on this week.

7 comments:

Dracowin said...

Your poor son! That had to be an awful experience. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt.
Your living room looks wonderful! I can see why you're so happy about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your son wasn't hurt in the wreck! I could definitely learn something from you about time management :) Have fun decorating your gingerbread men (that's something I've never made).

Anonymous said...

I'm was so happy to read that your son is OK, must have been a very scary experience for him. We are also in the middle of extending, so I can appreciate why you are so happy about your living room :)

Anonymous said...

That is great to know your son was not hurt. Wow well done on the living room makeover and I hope you get eyes on those gingerbread men soon. Totally cute.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your son was okay - what an experience! The LR looks wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Robbi and Mike said...

I too am glad your son is ok. but sorry to hear your car is totalled - bummer, always somethin huh! Your Living Room is gorgeous, congratulations on such a big job so well done! I know its alot of work! Have a good day tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlin' Boy you sure have had your basket full huh....Sooo sorry about your sons accident but thankfully he was okay...When I read that you have 7 children I was WOWed....You are just one busy busy lady....Makes me sure appreciate all that you do for the Garden all the more...Kudos to you Dear Heart....Gonna run...gotta get to the Garden.....Muah Sweets....