Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good morning & welcome!!

Happy Sunday morning!
My name is Pamela Dempsey and I will be your guest blogger for the week!
I live in the New England state of Massachusetts on the East Coast of the United States.
I am married with 3 children, Gregory (8), Emily (9) and Matthew (13).

You probably know all this if you read the TSG Newsletter for October, as I am the guest designer this month!

So....what is a typical Sunday like for me? LOL...nothing but ordinary!!
Matthew is still sleeping at 11:18 in the morning, Emily is lying on her belly begging me to boil eggs so she can color them with a kit she bought at her school yard sale last week and Greg...is being waaay to quiet for Greg! (gotta go check on him)

Today I have to flip my schedule back to my overnight schedule. I work overnight from Monday thru Thursday nights and try to live "normal" hours on the weekends to be with the kids...so Sundays, I stay up all day and all night and sleep when the kids go back to school on Mondays.
This means, my TSG kits are usually born Sunday nights...when the house is quiet and my weekend experiences get my creative juices flowing!

That leads us to this Tuesday's kit.....Honeybee!!
It's the fall...things are getting cool here and there is really no reason to be inspired by bees, right? Wrong!

I went shopping at Walmart for some essentials on Saturday. I bought this new citrus-coconut lotion from my work and decided to wear it on Saturday....mind you, this was put on almost 6 hrs before I went shopping! Well, all of a sudden, I hear buzzing around my head....shoo fly! shoo! But it wasn't a fly....a bee landed on my shoulder. I moved to try to get it to fly away...nope! It repositioned itself...down my shirt! So now, I am shaking my shirt, dancing in the aisle, petrified of getting stung and this employee (male) asks me if I'm okay.....I probably look like a nut, but he was being sincere! I told him a bee just flew down my shirt. He stated it must like my perfume....I said I wasn't wearing any (at this point I forgot I put on the scented lotion)...so he states back that I must be naturally sweet....great! I have a bee down my shirt and I get hit on! LOL

Well, the bee finally exited my shirt and I quickly ran to another aisle...luckily Mr. Bee didn't follow.

So...with the story in mind....I introduce to you, Honeybee....my new kit to be released this Tuesday! Best part is, you will be recieving add-on pieces to the kit all week!!

Honeybee Preview:






Add on Freebie:





Download piece 1 here:

Sorry, this link has expired

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela....So happy to be spending a week with you....I'm sure we will hear some hysterically cute stuff about the kids...I LOVE kid stories since mine are all grown and gone....and Boo-Hoo I don't live very close to my Grandkids...Love your new kit and will very much appreciate the Blog Freebies.....It looks really cute...Soooo I'll say bye=bye for now...Have a Great week...Hugs enclosed Grammadiane

Photo Scraps Store said...

What a fun experience you had a Walmart! At least, you still got IT. Not many woman get hit on at Walmart. You new kit is adorable. Happy Blogging this week.

Tabatha said...

Nice to meet you Pamela. I love your stuff. It's so pretty. I love this add on. Thanks for the great part.

Tabatha

Anonymous said...

What experiences you have to get ideas for kits...lol! Sure looks great - I love your elements! Thanks for the paper.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Love your story of haw your kit came about!!! LOL
Of all places to get hit on!
TY so very much for the great 1st DL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pamela, your story about the bee at Walmart is just hysterical! LOL And then to get hit on when all you're worried about is getting that bee OUT of your shirt LOL What a way to get inspiration for a kit - and the kit is great!

dyanna said...

LOL!! I love your story about the honeybee :) I guess your inspiration for kits really does come from all sorts of different places! I am looking forward to reading more about your daily life and getting the rest of the pieces to this beautiful kit :) Enjoy your Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing.



Camelia

Anonymous said...

Pamela, that is such a great story. Love it. I was having such a ho hum day until your blog. You totally made my day with that one.

Michelle said...

Love the honey bee story too cute! Thank you for the lovely gift!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pamela. What a beautiful add-on. Will be looking forward to coming back all week.