Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm back ...

Ok, so it's much later afternoon than I anticipated! Game was a win! They won 3-0. Unfortunately the other team got physical and out of hand after we scored the first goal. There were tons of penalties. I'm the team manager and was doing the score sheet. I thought I was going to need a second score sheet and second pen I was writing so much and so fast. Good news is that nobody was injured, we walked away with a win and our penalties weren't too outrageous. The worst was on of our kids for running his mouth at the ref after a call. The other team had 16 penalties so their coach will be suspended for the next game. 15 penalties by one team in a game is an automatic suspension of the coach for 1 game. So that was hockey today. Right now while I'm typing, I'm dowloading 500+ pictures from yesterdays' and todays' games. Hubby takes tons of pictures for us. I process, edit and put them up on our team's website by game.

Of course after the game, the almost 15 year old NEEDED food. Yes, NEEDED... seems he's at that stage of eating a lot. He's a beanpole though, I have no idea where he's putting it. Then, there were errands and then we were all exhausted. I had to catch a nap while I could, there are precious few chances in our schedule.

This gives you a little insight into me.... I'm a dedicated hockey mom and I love it! Hockey is my first love as a sport anyhow, so it's like a special little bonus to me that my own son plays. I also work 30+ hours a week as an office manager.

You'll learn more about my craziness as the week goes on I'm sure. You'll find out that I love designing and even though it's hard to fit in my crazy life... it's a neccesity to keep me sane! LOL

So, how did everyone like our Fall-O-Ween festivities? I think it was a great week and so much fun to see everyone having a good time. The management here at TSG is the best and we have such a great group of team members.

Feel free to ask me questions this week, I'd like to get a glimpse of what interests our members. I'm going to show you some of my different designs each day and tell you what they meant to me when designing them. I will tell you I love doing custom kits and might just have a contest for one up my sleeve very soon.

Here's a peek at three of my fall kits in the store:



Leaf Into Fall: This kit was inspired by pumpkin doodles that my dear friend Diann (she's my first original Dream Team member and so talented!) did. I started with a color palette inspired by one of my favorite times of year and Leaf Into Fall was born. I love the elements with the burlap textures and warm copper pieces.




Little Bit O' Fall: This kit was started after Leaf Into Fall and was just an extension of the elements and papers that I loved making. I made it as a Lil' Bud kit as part of my first grab bag at TSG.





Dream Your Own Monogram for Fall: I had a customer request a monogram kit a while back. She wanted something more than an alpha, letters large enough she could layer elements and use as a monogram. The fall one uses my fall palette and coordinates with both fall kits. I love the stitched felt monogram letters. This also coordinates with my Orchard Dreams kit that I'm reworking and getting ready for the store very soon.

Now for your patience with me rambling on and on.... here is gift for you. Please note the link will be available until tomorrow night since I'm posting this so late.

Sorry, this link has expired.

See you in the morning ....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm unable to open the zip file my system is saying that there is no file to unzip. I then tried to juust openit and the system says it is corrupted! What went wrong?
smp131

Michelle said...

Falloween was a total blast!!! Thank you for day one!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having a problem with the zip file as well; tried it twice. Will check back tomorrow...

Jen said...

Ok folks, we know there is a problem with the zip file :) When Georgia gets a chance she will fix it for us. Then I will leave the file up for 24-hours after it is fixed so you will have plenty of time to still get the great goodie. So don't panic :)

Anonymous said...

Will there be a preview made up for this weeks kit???

Thanks so much for the gifts!!!

D

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!